This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else remember when the Gen 5 starter evolutions were leaked?

#1SH076UNNERPosted 6/24/2013 6:32:32 AM
And no one believed it, or wanted to believe it. Who else truly thought and WANTED the leak to be fake? I remember i did. And then they were confirmed to be real.. I was the most disappointed I've ever been with the Pokemon series. Which, to be honest, is a good thing considering it was the only time i was truly disappointed with Pokemon.

It was mainly the typings that broke my heart now that i think of it. No need to say which starter was the most disappointing, hahaha. The most exciting thing with the announcement of a new generation, in my opinion, is to find out how the starter's final evolution will look like. I honestly can't wait until we have some leaked info and the speculation starts all over again. This time however, i'm pretty sure i won't be disappointed after last gen.
#2NameNotKnownPosted 6/24/2013 6:34:35 AM
Good for you, Champ.
Way to keep a positive attitude!
---
NameNotKnown
#3SoleEaterPosted 6/24/2013 6:35:32 AM
I feel like these starters are gonna be as great as Gen 4's starters.

I can randomly pick any starter from Gen 3 + 4 and be fine with it. Can't say the same for 1 ,2, or 5.
---
Yes, my name is supposed to be "SoleEater" and not "Soul Eater".
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#4deevo117Posted 6/24/2013 6:43:24 AM
I did think the starters were very 'mehh' in Gen 5, compared to all the other gens.

In fact I think my only successful playthroughs in keeping the starters on my team with White and Black 2 were the first ones.

The other couple of times they have been sidelined immediately.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#5Arne83Posted 6/24/2013 6:50:32 AM
Nope! I wasn't there for all that.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#6Rogue MuttPosted 6/24/2013 6:52:57 AM
I remember, and I wanted them to be fake. To be honest, I never really liked the base evolutions though, so I wasn't too disappointed.

But, I'm a lot more optimistic this time because I think the starter designs show more promise.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#7Skull_proPosted 6/24/2013 10:22:04 AM
Theres no such things as leaked stuff.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396
#8EnferolunosPosted 6/24/2013 10:23:48 AM
Skull_pro posted...
Theres no such things as leaked stuff.

Excuse me?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9Luigi playerPosted 6/24/2013 11:12:52 AM
I wanted it to be true, because I loved the Snake...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#10JKPhagePosted 6/24/2013 11:19:16 AM
I think the biggest problem that I had with the Gen 5 starters/evos, and why I just don't care about them at all to be honest, is because their second and final evo designs came off as just too "fancy". Just look at the previous generations. Gen 1 had very clean-cut and simple designs, orange dragon, big green toad with a flower, and a big blue turtle, nothing complex. Same kind of deal with gen 2 and 3, simple, clean designs and nothing too fancy. Gen 4 is somewhat guilty of this with Infernape and Empoleon as Infernape has a very colorful design, with lots of tiny details, and Empoleon has quite a bit of embelishment, but they were still nice designs and not OVERLY fancy.

Then came Gen 5. Let's do a giant pig with a HUGE detailed face, and all kinds of armor with fancy designs on it, and then a big grass snake with detailed scrollwork all over it's body. Samurott isn't quite as bad, but I also take issue with it because it literally looks unrelated to the previous two in it's line. Bipedal otter, bipedal swordman otter, quadruped shelled dog-looking creature. Not generally how starter evolutions go. Some other pokemon have drastic changes between evolutions, but starters tend to just turn into larger, more mature/detailed versions of themselves. They kind of dropped the ball on this one. If they've learned the lesson then Fennekin should be an elegant, Ninetales-esque final evo, Chespin probably some kind of large/stream-lined mole/otter/armadillo creature, and Froakie probably some sort of thin, agile-looking frog with a foam/bubble beard. Unnecessary details just make it look like they were trying too hard. Clean and simple makes for widely-liked designs so that everyone can stay attached to their starters, otherwise they just start to look ridiculous to a lot of people and become something to be replaced at the first possible opportunity.