This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else remember when the Gen 5 starter evolutions were leaked?

#21Rogue MuttPosted 6/26/2013 9:02:29 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
SoleEater posted...
I feel like these starters are gonna be as great as Gen 4's starters.

I can randomly pick any starter from Gen 3 + 4 and be fine with it. Can't say the same for 1 ,2, or 5.

Oh my god. This this so much this.

Disagree, partially. I'll give you Gen IV, because I liked all of them in their own way. Gens I and II both had two starters I liked and a third that I never really cared for. I struggled with III and V because none of the starters were appealing to me in the least.

The Gen VI starters at least look promising.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#22Gray_AreasPosted 6/26/2013 9:12:51 AM
I remember REALLY hoping that they were fake because I thought they all looked terrible. The designs have since grown on me, but I can't get over how terrible all of the starters are. Serperior is Grass type. That's bad enough, but he also has very, very few offensive options. Emboar is Fire/Fighting again. While that isn't a bad typing, three starters in a row with that typing makes people really dislike it. Samurott is ok, but he suffers from mediocre stats like the other two.

Honestly, their designs will probably grow on me if I don't immediately like them, but what I really want is for them to be good Pokemon. I want them to be like the Gen 4 starters. I want them all to remain competitively viable and be one of the best options of the Fire, Water, and Grass types long after I start my journey. I should never even think about ditching them during my main game.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#23Parasect_FanPosted 6/26/2013 9:13:48 AM
Am I the only one who hates the Gen IV starters?

III > I > II > V > IV, in my opinion.
---
Sermo meus tela potentissima
#24P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/26/2013 9:15:23 AM
I like every gen's starters. Between 1, 2, and 3 I can pick any and be happy. With 4 and 5 I can't pick Fire, but other than that I'm happy with Water or Grass for both.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#25Gray_AreasPosted 6/26/2013 9:24:04 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I like every gen's starters. Between 1, 2, and 3 I can pick any and be happy. With 4 and 5 I can't pick Fire, but other than that I'm happy with Water or Grass for both.

Really? In Gen 5 I can pick any starter, but only because they all suck so it doesn't matter which I pick. They're all outclassed quickly. As for the other Gens I can do that in 1, 3, and 4 easily and they'll stay with me long into the post game areas. I love all of those starters, but I can't say the same for Gen 2. Chikorita ruins that for me (plus I kind of prefer Totodile over Cyndaquil).
---
#26PuruglyPosted 6/26/2013 9:25:43 AM
I don't think anything ever caused more calamity and fighting among fans than the fifth gen starter evo leak.

can't wait to see if something tops that incident this time
#27Fz_EchoPosted 6/26/2013 10:12:17 AM
I remember. It's not that I wanted them to be fake, I really liked Serperior's design when it was first leaked. It's just that I didn't believe they were real. I was expecting Samurott to be some type of bipedal ninja with shell swords. When I saw Samurott I thought at that moment they were fake.
---
Power is not will; it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen -Madara Uchiha
#28P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/26/2013 10:14:44 AM
Gray_Areas posted...

Really? In Gen 5 I can pick any starter, but only because they all suck so it doesn't matter which I pick. They're all outclassed quickly. As for the other Gens I can do that in 1, 3, and 4 easily and they'll stay with me long into the post game areas. I love all of those starters, but I can't say the same for Gen 2. Chikorita ruins that for me (plus I kind of prefer Totodile over Cyndaquil).

It's more for design purposes than battling; it's in-game so the difference between stats in starters is pretty much negligible, as it should be, and so for me it comes down to which one I like most, and the only starters I really don't care for are Chimchar and Tepig
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#29Gray_AreasPosted 6/26/2013 10:21:19 AM
It's more for design purposes than battling; it's in-game so the difference between stats in starters is pretty much negligible, as it should be, and so for me it comes down to which one I like most, and the only starters I really don't care for are Chimchar and Tepig

Ah ok. In my case it depends upon both design and usefulness. I think Chikorita looks fine, but I can't make it really work ingame (or at all really), so I can't really use it. None of the starters really look bad to me, but because of the fact that the Unova starters are outclassed by common Pokemon found fairly early on they are disposable Pokemon in my opinion. I hate feeling that way about starters. I think they should be some of the better Pokemon of the three beginning types, and that you should want to use them throughout your adventures.
---
#30MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/27/2013 2:32:06 PM
I was so disappointed by Samurott. I really hoped that it was fakes since it was so ugly. How can something so cute and adorable as Oshawott turn into that hideous, malformed, disgrace of a Pokemon? Yack :P
Plus, not counting the fact that it looks NOTHING like it's pre-evo's. At least with Emboar, there is that familiar sense of evolution.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~