This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Pokemon ranked #1 as your favorite game series?

#71tobias90Posted 6/25/2013 2:48:34 AM
No, that honor goes to Fire Emblem. I'd put it in my top five though along with Sonic,FF and AC.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Toby9007
Currently playing: Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Injustice:Gods Among Us.
#72RedArchangel20Posted 6/25/2013 3:49:02 AM
Fighting with DMC for top 5.

TES, Mass Effect, Fallout, Zelda are top 4, in case you're wondering.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#73SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 7:01:49 AM
So far, a little bit less than 30% of people that voted (out of 481 individuals) consider Pokemon to be their favorite game series. Anyone else consider this interesting feedback? Especially since this is on the Pokemon X board, majority of people have it in their top five rather than have Pokemon as their number one favorite. Fascinating poll, and a good variety of well deserved games have been mentioned so far.
#74Master_DartzPosted 6/25/2013 7:04:06 AM
It is my favorite Nintendo series, not necessarily my all-time favorite though.
---
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.
Big Boss of Team: [KGB] - Folie a deux.
#75pokemonfreak97Posted 6/25/2013 8:45:51 AM
Pretty much. They haven't made a truly BAD Pokemon game on a Nintendo console since Dash on the DS. I enjoy RPGs in general, but there's something about the near-infinite possibilities of Pokemon that I just enjoy. I also like that you never run into the situation where the enemy has some overpowered ability that it spams that you know you can never get.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#76RDS1Posted 6/25/2013 10:26:36 AM
SH076UNNER posted...
So far, a little bit less than 30% of people that voted (out of 481 individuals) consider Pokemon to be their favorite game series. Anyone else consider this interesting feedback? Especially since this is on the Pokemon X board, majority of people have it in their top five rather than have Pokemon as their number one favorite. Fascinating poll, and a good variety of well deserved games have been mentioned so far.

What's so interesting about it? Are you implying that I shouldn't visit the Fire Emblem Awakening board because Fire Emblem isn't my favorite series evar?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#77DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/25/2013 10:31:26 AM
SH076UNNER posted...

When your poll gets featured on the main page for a while, you can expect a lot of Pokémon haters/genwunners/non-fans in general to show up and vote "no."
---
Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the King Nook. He ask me to leave.
#78AuraWielderPosted 6/25/2013 10:34:20 AM
Pokemon is definitely in my top 5, but probably not my #1.
My list would probably go something like this:
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Paper Mario series (not including Sticker Star)
3. Pokemon
4. Harvest Moon
5. Sonic the Hedgehog

Standalone games that deserve a mention:
The World Ends With You
Super Monkey Ball 2 (everything after Banana Blitz was... meh.)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
The Last Story
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#79CakeOfLiesPosted 6/25/2013 11:51:11 AM
Nope.
It's close though.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#80SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:05:15 PM
RDS1 posted...
SH076UNNER posted...

What's so interesting about it? Are you implying that I shouldn't visit the Fire Emblem Awakening board because Fire Emblem isn't my favorite series evar?

It's interesting to see because on a Pokemon X board, Pokemon itself is considered a side-line favorite or a top 5 favorite rather than being a #1 favorite. I was expecting a clear cut line in the middle but instead, to my surprise, over 70% of voters love Pokemon but don't consider it their favorite. There's nothing wrong with this at all, as there is a really good variety of games we all love other than Pokemon. Are you implying that i'm not allowed to be interested in my own poll?