This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Clear Body, White Smoke, and Hyper Cutter should work on your own moves.

#1TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/24/2013 12:44:41 PM
(Also Big Pecks, but nothing with that gets Superpower or Close Combat so it doesn't matter.)

Obviously it doesn't work this way for balance reasons. But I realized, it wouldn't really break anything. The only Pokemon with Clear Body that get Superpower are the Regis, and they deserve a buff. Besides the Regis, Metagross is the only one with Clear Body that gets Hammer Arm, and it is already slow enough not to care about the Speed drop. Every Hyper Cutter Pokemon that gets Superpower has a better ability to use, except for Kingler who also deserves a buff. Heatmor gets White Smoke and Superpower but it still wouldn't be enough to make it good.

The Pokemon that would gain the most from this would be Torkoal. Torkoal gets Shell Smash and Overheat, and is incidentally the only Pokemon with a Clear Body clone to get an Overheat clone. This would probably give it a spot in OU and prevent it from getting an evolution. I still don't think this would break it because it has a bad typing and lacks Baton Pass. So far it hasn't been broken with a White Herb, and I doubt the 20 extra power and 5% extra accuracy from Overheat would change that.

Of course, Defiant still wouldn't work like this. That would be broken.
#2goldwPosted 6/24/2013 12:48:47 PM
Agilgross is crying now.

Even though Metagross as a whole kinda sucks right now. He really needs to drop down to UU.
---
Would you like some...yoghurt? - Fernando, the Manwhore
#3pokemonzeroPosted 6/24/2013 12:49:38 PM
Registeel used Curse It's attack and defense rose Clear body activated Speed doesn't fall
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#4goldwPosted 6/24/2013 12:51:31 PM
And I think I misread the OP.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#5ZabuzadonoPosted 6/24/2013 1:38:45 PM
I like it... C
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#6Whats_Up4444Posted 6/24/2013 1:50:47 PM
pokemonzero posted...
Registeel used Curse It's attack and defense rose Clear body activated Speed doesn't fall

Oh no it learned Bulk Up. What do we do?
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#7kaonohiokalaPosted 6/24/2013 2:00:10 PM
Only for Hyper Cutter, Big Pecks, etc.

Clear Body and White Smoke already have an advantage over them.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko