This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They need to bring back the Pokemon outside of the Pokeball feature.

#1HakuMan111386Posted 6/24/2013 6:38:54 PM
But how will that work in a 3D game? I doubt that'll ever return now because they'd have to model every Pokemon in 3D outside of battle.
---
Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
PSN: Scorpion1386
#2agent9149Posted 6/24/2013 6:41:48 PM
With the 3D models it seems that size will be factor. Imagine strolling in town with groudon following you. The international police should arrest you for just trying to attempt such nonsense.
#3-hotdogturtle--Posted 6/24/2013 6:47:14 PM
I doubt that'll ever return now because they'd have to model every Pokemon in 3D outside of battle.

This doesn't really make sense. If you said this 4 years ago, you'd be saying "I doubt that'll ever happen now because they'd have to sprite every Pokemon in 2D outside of battle." Remember that older games only had like a dozen out-of-battle overworld sprites. And yet they did it anyway.

Obviously this is Pokemon so that feature will never be returning for other reasons, but this logic doesn't hold any weight.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#4PlasmashedgehogPosted 6/24/2013 6:53:25 PM
They could just use the battle models with a walking animation and scaled to fit
---
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.
#5Ultima546Posted 6/24/2013 6:54:59 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
I doubt that'll ever return now because they'd have to model every Pokemon in 3D outside of battle.

This doesn't really make sense. If you said this 4 years ago, you'd be saying "I doubt that'll ever happen now because they'd have to sprite every Pokemon in 2D outside of battle." Remember that older games only had like a dozen out-of-battle overworld sprites. And yet they did it anyway.

Obviously this is Pokemon so that feature will never be returning for other reasons, but this logic doesn't hold any weight.

What?
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.
#6GameNinjaGuyPosted 6/24/2013 6:58:27 PM

You realize that making a model is a ton more effort than making a sprite, right?
obviously not
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
My SSB4 roster: http://tinyurl.com/ctaqf3x
#7jayman7Posted 6/24/2013 7:03:11 PM
GameNinjaGuy posted...

You realize that making a model is a ton more effort than making a sprite, right?
obviously not

Because they can't just use the exact same models they're already using in the battle sequences. That would make too much sense.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Ultima546Posted 6/24/2013 7:08:33 PM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
GameNinjaGuy posted...

obviously not

Because they can't just use the exact same models they're already using in the battle sequences. That would make too much sense.

No, they can't. There would be so many sizing and format issues involved with that.
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.
#9Heropon_RikiPosted 6/24/2013 7:43:14 PM
AND introducing a new feature called Pokemon-amie
---
Epicdavid's Nopon buddy
#10ZTIger5Posted 6/24/2013 7:53:57 PM
As much as I would love to see this feature make a return, it just doesn't seem likely, at least not in the same scale as HGSS. Maybe there'll be a park like Amity Square in Sinnoh, but with fewer restrictions on who we can bring in with us. That at the very least would be a nice addition.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY