This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Chespin doesn't evolve into a Grass/Dark type.

#1gladwyn101Posted 6/25/2013 9:55:41 AM
I plan on evolving Eevee into Umbreon.

I'd rather have Chespin be either pure Grass type or Grass/Steel (cause I remember a topic awhile back that said Chespin's evos would be based on a knight.)
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2Lucis_FerrePosted 6/25/2013 10:05:47 AM(edited)
Just use both.

It's in-game, you can use 2 of the same type, the lack of variety won't kill your team too much.

And official evidence slightly leans Dark, considering their introductory trailer had Chespin use something that looked like Night Slash, Fennekin use something like Confusion/Extrasensory and Froakie use something that's probably Close Combat,

But that's just leaning since lord knows Night Slash is hardly Dark signature for learning and in the end Nintendo decides and they could just be messing with people, since Close Combat could've also been Beat Up or something.

Also I'm just not too bothered what types they turn out so long as there aren't too many pure types again and Fennekin isn't another Fire/Fighting.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#3jayman7Posted 6/25/2013 10:06:47 AM
Actually, Chespin's move was probably Aerial Ace. Evidence does still lean in favor of Grass/Dark, however, since that's what Pokebeach's leaker said.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4Lucis_FerrePosted 6/25/2013 10:12:16 AM
Be a bit weird/tragic admittedly seeing Chespin going /Dark if he does.

Happy go lucky optimist being jaded by life and the world into a cynic who wins fights by any means necessary. It's like that kid who gets into sports thrilled to just be in the big leagues and then he starts drinking and sleeping around and next thing you know he's using steroids, applying pepper to his gloves and bribing refs to keep up his lifestyle.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#5MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/25/2013 2:02:01 PM
Lucis_Ferre posted...

Happy go lucky optimist being jaded by life and the world into a cynic who wins fights by any means necessary. It's like that kid who gets into sports thrilled to just be in the big leagues and then he starts drinking and sleeping around and next thing you know he's using steroids, applying pepper to his gloves and bribing refs to keep up his lifestyle.

-_-
You need to take a seat! You're just taking it too far right now..lol

But, yeah..I hope he doesn't evolve into part-Dark. Also, a little tidbit is if you noticed it's battle animations..the green "leaves" on it's head tend to spike up like sharp needles when he uses a move, so that would make me lean towards part-Steel. I would actually prefer either part-Steel or part-Rock.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#6Great_ReapettePosted 6/25/2013 2:03:35 PM
Chespin: Grass/Flying
Froakie: Water/Rock
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#7HemerukioPosted 6/25/2013 2:04:55 PM
Lucis_Ferre posted...

...If he evolves into Grass/Dark and that's the kind of "story" they go with for him... no questions, he's definitely going to be my starter. >.>

Hope they give him a ripped up trench coat or something. =3
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#8jayman7Posted 6/25/2013 2:08:39 PM(edited)
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
But, yeah..I hope he doesn't evolve into part-Dark. Also, a little tidbit is if you noticed it's battle animations..the green "leaves" on it's head tend to spike up like sharp needles when he uses a move, so that would make me lean towards part-Steel.

Kind of a reach, and I'm inclined to believe the leak that has been right about ten independent things over your personal desires. However, Grass/Steel is still plausible. What isn't plausible is your other option...

I would actually prefer either part-Steel or part-Rock.

Grass/Rock starter isn't going to happen unless the Fire starter picks up Bug, Ice, Steel or Fighting. Bug is just no, Ice just seems wrong, I don't see Fennekin getting Steel, and haven't we seen enough Fire/Fighting starters already?!
---
#9MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/25/2013 2:12:44 PM
jayman7 posted...
Grass/Rock starter isn't going to happen unless the Fire starter picks up Bug, Ice, Steel or Fighting. Bug is just no, Ice just seems wrong, I don't see Fennekin getting Steel, and haven't we seen enough Fire/Fighting starters already?!

Why not? Why do people still want to make it a full-circle with the starters? Why?
Also, I know the leaker is very credible, BUT out of all the things he's leaked, I hope the starter's evo's are the ones that are wrong.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#10jayman7Posted 6/25/2013 2:19:18 PM(edited)
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Why not? Why do people still want to make it a full-circle with the starters? Why?

Because it has been in EVERY SINGLE GEN TO DATE?

I'm not talking about a reverse anything here. Fire beats Grass. Fire does not beat Grass/Rock. Fire, in fact, loses to Grass/Rock.

And, no, Grass-neutral Empoleon isn't an exception, because Torterra is a Ground-type, and Empoleon is weak to Ground.
---