This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A logical argument as to why there will never be a Pokemon MMO

#1SalsaSavantPosted 6/25/2013 2:34:30 PM
I thought it was quite well thought out.

http://cheezburger.com/7599492864
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#2jayman7Posted 6/25/2013 2:36:23 PM
I've never been able to get into MMOs and would very likely never touch a Pokémon MMO. And Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't make the franchise. And... that comic was just weird.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 2:37:26 PM
jayman7 posted...
I've never been able to get into MMOs and would very likely never touch a Pokémon MMO. And Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't make the franchise. And... that comic was just weird.

But it IS Miyamoto's responsibility to undo the damage of his company. And it's not just him. EVERYONE is working together to fix it.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#4bd43Posted 6/25/2013 4:44:52 PM
You'd have to alter or change some of the details or the nature of the game to achieve an MMO.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#5Stormvale12Posted 6/25/2013 5:04:03 PM
That was a good laugh.
---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#6PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/25/2013 5:11:37 PM
If it goes MMO, I'm out, I tried getting into wow but couldn't. For one, I hate being confined to a console like that these days.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#7FuneralCakePosted 6/25/2013 5:13:48 PM
Yeah, I think that if an MMO happens, I won't be playing it. Lots of people won't. So that comic is full of bullpuckey.

Very few people actually want an MMO to happen. The rest of the people in the world know that it's a stupid idea.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#8Chiron11Posted 6/25/2013 5:26:27 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Yeah, I think that if an MMO happens, I won't be playing it. Lots of people won't. So that comic is full of bullpuckey.

Very few people actually want an MMO to happen. The rest of the people in the world know that it's a stupid idea.

Why is it a stupid idea? Why don't you want it to happen?
---
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0774 - 5715 - 7697
Super Smash Bros Brawl Friend Code: 1719 - 6156 - 1939
#9FuneralCakePosted 6/25/2013 5:32:17 PM
I don't want it to happen because in order to make the series into an MMO, a lot of things would have to be changed, and that's why it's a stupid idea.

As it is now, the series is completely fine. It doesn't need to be changed. MMO functionality already exists to an extent, and expanding upon that isn't going to make the game more interesting.

I mean, what exactly is an MMO game going to do that we can't already do? We can already battle other people, and that's really all Pokemon needs to do in terms of multiplayer.

If the series is going to be changed to accommodate more MMO features, then people usually bring up being able to change into different trainer classes, which give benefits to your character, then you go out and fight Pokemon together or like, save the world from Team Whatever together. Personally, I think that sounds really boring. It's not a game I would like to play, and like I said before, I'm pretty sure most other people agree with me.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#10PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/25/2013 5:39:40 PM
Chiron11 posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Why is it a stupid idea? Why don't you want it to happen?

1)Monthly fee
2)Need to be on the computer, at home to play at all, compared to the portability the handhelds already offer
3)Need to always have a decent/stable connection and up to date PC to play the game at optimal comfort

I don't have the time(nor am I willing to make the time), nor the funds to sustain a gaming addiciton like that. I just barely make my XBox Live membership work with the time I have to play on it. I don't even like the concept of the Dream World, so I sure as hell don't care for an MMO.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)