This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Gen 5 is nearing its end......

#1Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 6/25/2013 2:43:07 PM
I think it's finally time to rate gen 5.

So what I'm going to do is name the pro's and con's and then give it a grade from 1 to 10

Alright let's begin (note that this is solely opinion based).

Pro's
1.It had (has) the best story ever in the Pokemon main series.
2.It introduced my favorite legendary: Kyurem!!!
3.The gameplay is terrific, it is fast paced, had awesome moving sprites and some of the move animations looked pretty awesome.
4.The music is, as always astounding.
5.It introduced the Pokemon world tournament, which for one added to the nostalgia of other gens, as well as making a cool way to earn your BP. (the battle tower/subway are cool, but tend to get boring).
6. It introduced my favorite Pokemon character: N.

Con's
1. lets face it, gen 5 brought some of the worst designs ever in Pokemon (however that does not mean I hate that Pokemon, because of design).
2.It had downgraded some features from Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver. Like the fact that Pokemon could not walk behind you anymore :(.

Overall It was a great gen (tough some people say otherwise). Were gen 3 is my childhood, gen 5 is my adulthood. Overall I think this gen deserves a 9/10.

What did you guys think about this gen? I'd like to know :).
#2CodarusPosted 6/25/2013 2:46:42 PM
Swamp-marsh-mud posted...
lets face it, gen 5 brought some of the worst designs ever in Pokemon (however that does not mean I hate that Pokemon, because of design).

To be honest, I liked the gen 5 designs. I find that people often ignore many of the simple gen 1 designs, such as:
Magnemite becomes 3 Magnemites
Diglett becomes 3 Digletts with angry eyebrows
Grimer becomes a bigger grimer with an altered face
Voltorb turns upsidedown, and has a different face
Etc.
#3jayman7Posted 6/25/2013 2:52:45 PM
Codarus posted...
lets face it, gen 5 brought some of the worst designs ever in Pokemon (however that does not mean I hate that Pokemon, because of design).

To be honest, I liked the gen 5 designs. I find that people often ignore many of the simple gen 1 designs, such as:
Etc.

Indeed. On the flip side, gen 5 has many of my favorite designs of the franchise.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4XazealPosted 6/25/2013 2:57:38 PM
I hated Unova. In BW, it was ridiculously linear, and even though they fixed that somewhat in BW2, I didn't enjoy the overall feel of it.

They removed a lot of features like Contests, Pokeathlon, Secret Bases, Pokeradar and Battle Frontier for seemingly no reason. They then introduced Musicals (which bored me), Pokestar Studios (also bored me) and PWT (which was interesting, but not as varied as a Battle Frontier).

The gyms were pretty good, although I wasn't fond of most of the leaders. The puzzles and the look of the gyms were great, though. Everything about the E4 was great aside from the types, which had all been seen in the E4 at least twice already.

There were lots of amazing Pokemon, and lots of terrible Pokemon. Not much inbetween.

I didn't like N. And I don't really play these games for the story, but they should be commended for actually putting effort into it for once.

Overall, I'd give it 4/10. Gen V just wasn't for me. I only played through BW once and BW2 twice.
#5H-L-WPosted 6/25/2013 2:58:14 PM
Gen 5 was great and pulled off pretty well. The little adjustments like reusable TMs, instant repels, quick trades, rarer HM obstacles etc just made the game that much better. My only complaint would be how they reduced the usability of the newer pokemon by limiting their movepools and making their evolution levels really tedious to get to.
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
#6reaverzPosted 6/25/2013 2:59:07 PM
I find that Gen V has many strong designs, actually. In fact, I see more people complaining about Gen IV designs than Gen V. In any case, Black2/White2 cemented Gen V as my favorite generation so far.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7Swamp-marsh-mud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 3:00:11 PM
Codarus posted...

Etc.

I agree with you there, however you must know that I'm not hating on Pokemon that looks not cool,ugly etc. At first sight a bad designed Pokemon can give you the creeps, but as you use that Pokemon more and more they grow on you. A good example of this is Conkeldurr. At first I disliked it, But it's strength in battle is what made me love him.

Note: gen 5 also introduced my favorite ghost type: Golurk!!!
#8fddsfsasfPosted 6/25/2013 3:00:14 PM
1. Story was godawful, hammy and jumped the shark like 20 times
2. Good pokemon designs
3. Good town design
4. TERRIBLE overworld design
5. TERRRIBLEEE postgame
6. reusable TMs

6/10 it was okay
#9kakkapylly56Posted 6/25/2013 3:04:45 PM
Pros:Best music in the series. Lots of awesome pokemon desingns. Story. N. Colress. Infinite tms. Team plasma. Grinding isnt annoying. Unique type combinations. Colress. Pokemon world tournament. Awesome legendaries like zekrom. Flocessy ranch has so many awesome pokemon in beginning of the game. You can carry more than million pokedollars. Colress. Join avenue is one of the best things in the francise. Lot to do in the aftergame. Colress. Lots of daily battles that give a lot of exp. Best bug-types out of every gen. Actual reward for completing the pokedex. Colress. In B&W2 can automatically use repel after another. So many sidequests. Colress. Audino. B&W2 is the game.in the franchise Cons: The C-gear
---
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
#10kakkapylly56Posted 6/25/2013 3:06:19 PM
kakkapylly56 posted...
Pros:Best music in the series. Lots of awesome pokemon desingns. Story. N. Colress. Infinite tms. Team plasma. Grinding isnt annoying. Unique type combinations. Colress. Pokemon world tournament. Awesome legendaries like zekrom. Flocessy ranch has so many awesome pokemon in beginning of the game. You can carry more than million pokedollars. Colress. Join avenue is one of the best things in the francise. Lot to do in the aftergame. Colress. Lots of daily battles that give a lot of exp. Best bug-types out of every gen. Actual reward for completing the pokedex. Colress. In B&W2 can automatically use repel after another. So many sidequests. Colress. Audino. B&W2 is the game.in the franchise Cons: The C-gear

Also forgot to give my score: Its 9.9
---
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????