This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things you didn't know about pokemon in the past

#21NextgrandcrossPosted 6/26/2013 9:43:12 AM
I never new Growlith could learn Outrage before Generation 5, I just usually used to evolve it way too soon.

Also never new how bad of a movepool Flareon had too, never evolving my Eevee into those ever again unless they finally fix Flareon in Gen 6.
#22silverwing525Posted 6/26/2013 12:04:36 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
For me:
That Burns halve attack.

This
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#23GollyFluffPosted 6/26/2013 12:21:33 PM
i didn't know that running through grass and caves increased the encounter rate until i read it while playing black (or white.. i can't remember which one i bought)
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#24squirrel_boyPosted 6/26/2013 12:23:13 PM
I just learned a couple days ago how the damage you take when you hurt yourself in your confusion is calculated.
#25kakkapylly56Posted 6/26/2013 12:46:03 PM
lanelazerbeam posted...
I didn't know Magminite was steel type until Gen 2...

Thats because steel wasnt a type in the first generation
---
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
#26IVIasterJayPosted 6/26/2013 12:57:34 PM
GollyFluff posted...
i didn't know that running through grass and caves increased the encounter rate until i read it while playing black (or white.. i can't remember which one i bought)

What!? That's just cruel GF.
---
Support the Megatokyo Visual Novel Game Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
#27MetleonPosted 6/26/2013 12:57:37 PM
That Egg groups existed.
That breeding didn't make both Pokemon run away (I had played Dragon Warrior Monsters before GSC).
That Ditto could breed with any Pokemon.

I remember wanting to get a Cleffa the first time I played through Gold but the only male Normal Pokemon I had was my level 40+ Furret that I didn't want to lose. Turns out, Clefairy and Furret can't even breed in the first place.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#28GollyFluffPosted 6/26/2013 1:04:15 PM
IVIasterJay posted...
GollyFluff posted...

What!? That's just cruel GF.

i preordered one of the games at gamestop. when i left, they gave me the wrong game after i had already opened it up. it didn't help that white version is black and vice versa. i also only played the game for a few weeks. its sad because i thought it was gonna be my favorite version. oh well, x and y are looking pretty cool to me.

i think i bought white version...
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#29VIIVincentPosted 6/26/2013 1:21:30 PM
Ghost was physical until gen 4 special/physical. always thought that Ghost looked more special so no wonder Gengar's Ghost type attacks did such pitiful damage.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#30JoJoX200Posted 6/26/2013 1:50:02 PM
hikaru_beoulve posted...
Rogue Mutt posted...
deadpool848 posted...
Most of the stuff I learned after gen 3, but here it is:
Gyrados is actually a physical pokemon, thus hyper beam and hydro pump are kinda useless on him.

I remember the good old days when special Gyarados was not only an option, but pretty damn awesome. Then he spent two generations languishing because of the SpAtt/SpDef split and the lack of physical options before Gen IV came along and gave him some new toys.

Really? I seem to remember that Gen 3 Gyarados was pretty high OU.

It was, but it literally only had Dragon Dance going for it. That and Intimidate. Its only good physical moves were Rock Slide, Return and HP[Flying], meaning it was pretty much Salamence without Dragon typing.

On topic:

I didn't know what exact weaknesses Psychic type had in RBY. Same for several other types. I only memorized the type chart starting with GSC, were I really became the nerd I'm now.