This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just curious..is there anyone who skipped..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Just curious..is there anyone who skipped..

User Info: keyos27

keyos27
3 years ago#1
Black and White 2? I did due to my life being busy with a new career and got tired of the repetitiveness and drastic changes in the metagame and mainly the fact that auto-level for 6 vs 6 being gone.
My team blue: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7449/teamblue2copy.jpg

User Info: roxbury1990

roxbury1990
3 years ago#2
I did as well. I played white a ton and didn't really think white 2 was worth buying because it wasn't a new gen
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#3
In the music department, anyway, BW2 were incredible. If you're serious in skipping them, I strongly encourage you to listen to the soundtrack. They even went as far as to give each Gym its own arrangement of the theme. I hope (but do not expect it to) that becomes a recurring trend.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#4
Um, unlike third versions, B/W 2 actually is a sequel to B/W 1, not the same story with a few extras.

zinformant
3 years ago#5
Practically, however, BW2 are third versions. They can label them whatever they want--sequels or otherwise--but what they reduce to doesn't change. It's not as if the narrative is that well told. However, they're fantastic updates, in any event, and a complete appreciation for BW1 is impossible without them.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.

User Info: nightblade_hawk

nightblade_hawk
3 years ago#6
After the ongoing trainwreck that was Pokemon White I didn't want to play a Game that's just a sequel to that.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#7
zinformant posted...
Practically, however, BW2 are third versions. They can label them whatever they want--sequels or otherwise--but what they reduce to doesn't change. It's not as if the narrative is that well told. However, they're fantastic updates, in any event, and a complete appreciation for BW1 is impossible without them.

I wouldn't consider a straight up sequel the same as a third version, but whatever.

zinformant
3 years ago#8
Sequel suggests original game. It's a third game in build with make-up on. It becomes a semantical argument. BW2 can be both sequels and 'third game's. The two aren't mutually exclusive labels.
(message deleted)

User Info: edwardsharpe

edwardsharpe
3 years ago#10
I have it but never finished it.
Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Just curious..is there anyone who skipped..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived