This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just curious..is there anyone who skipped..

#31jEr3mYPosted 6/26/2013 12:40:35 AM
I have both White/Black and their sequels... but I have 6 badges on Black2 and haven't beaten first gym on White2 yet....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#32zinformantPosted 6/26/2013 12:44:31 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
zinformant posted...
I've never understood why dedicated Pokemon fans (which, technically, I am, too) get so defensive about this. BW2 are the same game as BW1 when you distill it. Of course, the narrative is different. The basic build, the environments, et cetera are carryover.

By you logic, 90% of sequels are the exact same games as their predecessor: Call of Duty, STALKER, Mario games, Zelda games, FF games, KH, MonsHun, DMC, God and Gears of War etc.

Come on. None of the cases you cited reuse most of the same maps.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#33TenzhiPosted 6/26/2013 12:49:19 AM
I skipped it simply because I was so disillusioned after playing through Black/White that I didn't care if 2 was a sequel I had had enough of that gen.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#34Chaos_MissilePosted 6/26/2013 2:05:22 AM
zinformant posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
zinformant posted...
I've never understood why dedicated Pokemon fans (which, technically, I am, too) get so defensive about this. BW2 are the same game as BW1 when you distill it. Of course, the narrative is different. The basic build, the environments, et cetera are carryover.

By you logic, 90% of sequels are the exact same games as their predecessor: Call of Duty, STALKER, Mario games, Zelda games, FF games, KH, MonsHun, DMC, God and Gears of War etc.

Come on. None of the cases you cited reuse most of the same maps.

They reuse the same assets which, in your logic mean they're the same game.

For example, Tactics Ogre uses the same basic build, environment, graphics etc as FFTactics Advance, which means they're the same game according to your logic.

zinformant posted...
I know better than to start a discussion with you, but BW2 are probably 80% or more BW1 making them not original games. They have expensive make-up and perfume on BW1 to make them not look like a third version, but, regardless what you want to call them, that's what they are. As 'sequels', being 'third versions' is an easier pill to swallow.

---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#35bararad13Posted 6/26/2013 2:18:44 AM
zinformant - they use the same assets because they are in the SAME REGION - mostly same cities etc..but what truly differentiate a sequal from it's prequal is the story - which in bw2 is DIFFERANT and takes place AFTER bw2 as opposed to traditional 3rd versions which just retold the same stories..
that issue by itself sets them aAPART from other 3rd version like yellow emerald and platinum.. if you don't get that dundumental differance you are either don't understand what a SEQUAL is or just playing dumb/ignorant
#36bararad13Posted 6/26/2013 2:21:20 AM
and you argue that sequals are definded by having "differant settings" which is only true if they take place in differant places.. if the sequals take place in the same world it only makes sense that many places from the original would reapear and many sequals did that
#37AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/26/2013 2:26:37 AM
zinformant posted...
I know better than to start a discussion with you

Why? Because I'm right?

Haha, so good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#38CakeOfLiesPosted 6/26/2013 4:42:54 AM
Okay... So from what I'm gathering, Black and White 2 aren't sequels. They're third versions.

Even though they have a completely different story, different music, different content, a different path through the overworld, different characters, and various other changes. On top of that, you even PLAY as a different character. The one from the last game was even mentioned a few times.

Third versions have added content (not different content entirely. Just some added), MAYBE a slightly different path (but not a complete change like BW2), and maybe an added character (Juan and Looker).

Okay. So a few of the maps were reused. But there were also a mess of changes, a few places that you weren't able to access, a few added areas, etc.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#39gopack24Posted 6/26/2013 4:56:42 AM
Jesus Christ, this damn argument again?

Oy Vey.
---
INDIA ICC WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS IND 277/4 BEAT SL 274/6 by 6 wickets
ARSENE WENGER'S RED ARMY
#40deadpool848Posted 6/26/2013 5:24:05 AM
There not the same game, there two different pokemon games in the same region. Honestly it's like saying Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Heartgold are the same game when there not even close to it.