This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would Slack Off Snorlax be OU?

#31Meta289Posted 6/26/2013 10:08:20 AM
iKhanic posted...
Meta289 posted...
Normal is not the worst type.

Offensive:
Resisted by 2 types (average). 1 type is immune. Not SE against any type.

Defensive:
Weak to one type, NO resistances. And as another user mentioned, being neutrally affected by a lot of types really doesn't help that much (See Sableye, Spirtomb). Also Blissey is the ONLY Normal type pokemon in OU, and that's only because of it's ridiculous defensive stats.

At least Ice types get STAB on one of the two best special attacking types. Normal types have NO positives. And this is coming from a guy who really likes Normal types.

You're confusing "balanced" with "bad". Having only one weakness and an immunity is a big plus, and so is being able to hit everything except for 3 types for neutral damage, and one of those types resists a majority of types, so not being effective against it isn't a particularly outstanding flaw. Balanced does not mean bad.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#32MalkyeaImbakPosted 6/26/2013 10:57:54 AM
snorlax resist 3 types (if you include the thick fat ability)

My only problem with slack off is that snorlax is slow so if its burned it has no way to remove that status (assuming you're running curselax) without switching out... a stall snorlax with sub curse slack off though would be amazing
#33Thepenguinking2Posted 6/26/2013 11:01:55 AM
Normal is not the worst type. I frown upon anyone talking about their least favorite type when it isn't Poison.
---
Not changing this sig until Sigilyph becomes UU or OU.
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#34iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:35:33 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Normal is not the worst type. I frown upon anyone talking about their least favorite type when it isn't Poison.

Poison's not even in the bottom 3 IMO. Defense is much more important than offense when considering how good a typing is for a pokemon to be, and Poison is great defensively.

Grass, Ice, and Normal are the worst IMO.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#35Roc_RaidaPosted 6/26/2013 11:44:21 AM
Grass is not worse than Poison, no matter how many times you say it.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#36Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/26/2013 11:44:45 AM
Offensively, Poison is the worst.

Defensively, Ice is the worst.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.