This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Charizard NU (usage question)?

#1iKhanicPosted 6/25/2013 10:33:05 PM
No, this isn't some fanboy topic. It's a legitimate question. If tiers are based on usage, why don't the massive numbers of Charizard using fans place it at least in RU, and probably UU. I mean, I'd say I see Charizards in OU as much as I do Chandelures.

REMEMBER, THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE REASON CHARIZARD ISN'T GREAT IN OU, THIS IS ABOUT USAGE STATISTICS
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2wind64aPosted 6/25/2013 10:34:16 PM
I think this is a case of the admins having pity on it, and allowing it in a place where it can possibly shine.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#3scrappybristolPosted 6/25/2013 10:50:27 PM
Because serious smogon users don't use something so crippled by Stealth Rock.

Even if they did, Moltres does it better which is why it is in RU and Charizard is in NU.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#4FuneralCakePosted 6/25/2013 10:52:37 PM
Because Charizard sucks.

Tier placement doesn't always equate to how good a Pokemon is, but this is one of those times where that's exactly what's going on.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 10:53:11 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Because Charizard sucks.

Tier placement doesn't always equate to how good a Pokemon is, but this is one of those times where that's exactly what's going on.

Didn't read OP.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/25/2013 10:54:19 PM
I read it seven times, thank you very much.

Charizard sucks so much that even its fans don't want to use it in actual battling.
---
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 10:56:09 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I read it seven times, thank you very much.

Charizard sucks so much that even its fans don't want to use it in actual battling.

You play on showdown don't you? Don't you see lots of Charizards in random battles? Granted most of it's users aren't very good, but it should still affect tier ranking right?
---
#8FuneralCakePosted 6/25/2013 10:57:12 PM
I've never played Showdown or PO.
---
#9Roc_RaidaPosted 6/25/2013 10:58:43 PM
Maybe the massive numbers of Charizard fanboys are greatly exaggerated. -_-
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#10scrappybristolPosted 6/25/2013 11:00:45 PM
iKhanic posted...
You play on showdown don't you? Don't you see lots of Charizards in random battles? Granted most of it's users aren't very good, but it should still affect tier ranking right?

I don't see any Charizard past 1500 in any tier.
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!