This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Charizard NU (usage question)?

#41LexifoxPosted 6/26/2013 4:04:40 PM
iKhanic posted...
InhaledCorn posted...
Charizard is slow by current OU standards.

That's simply not true. 100 is pretty fast for even OU, but there are just a lot of sweepers who are faster. Unless you consider Volcarona and Salamence slow too.

Also, it's not outclassed in speed by anything but Infernape, as the other fire types with base speed over 100 are Simisear and Rapidash, both even bad for NU.

I like how you cut off the part where he explains and backs up his reasoning.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#42Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/26/2013 4:12:10 PM
OU speed tiers:

130 - Jolteon
120 - Alakazam, Dugtrio
115 - Starmie
111 - Tornadus
110 - Espeon, Gengar, Latias, Latios
108 - Infernape, Keldeo, Terrakion
102 - Garchomp
101 - Landorus, Thundurus-T
100 - Celebi, Jirachi, Ninetales, Salamence, Tentacruel, Volcarona

Yeah... Charizard's not getting past most of this without a Scarf. And being Choice locked forces Charizard to switch more, and hits from Stealth Rock kills it.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#43Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/26/2013 7:00:15 PM
I just realized that people are trying to argue seriously with iKhanic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#44kaonohiokalaPosted 6/26/2013 7:04:27 PM
stats are weighted towards better battlers, so even if a bunch of nubs tried to spam charizard, they're not getting anywhere

/stealthrock
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#45DarkDragon386Posted 6/26/2013 7:23:33 PM
Like others have said, stats are weighted towards higher ranked players. That way there is no BS like Magikarp making OU cause someone wants to jokingly use it a lot.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#46KyrieIrvingPosted 6/26/2013 7:25:25 PM
charizard is actually used a decent amount in ou and ubers cuz of the fanboys. but it isn't used in uu and ru cuz it sucks so it gets put in nu. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's how smogon does it.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#47pokemonfreak97Posted 6/26/2013 7:26:07 PM
Isn't the weighting adjusted so that teams that lose are weighted less than teams that win? Considering that the overlap between (people who like Charizard enough to use it on a competitive team) and (people who can win with a Charizard on their team) is very small (and according to a replay I got linked to in a thread here, apparently DOES include iKhanic), Charizard ends up where he is usable.

If Stealth Rock was gone, Moltres would make UU (if not OU; Volcarona is a sure Uber) and Charizard would go to the tier below Moltres.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#48CrystalKing5426Posted 6/26/2013 7:39:02 PM
Ikhanic Charizard fanboy reassurance topic #18643
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#49Alty1Posted 6/26/2013 7:42:00 PM
Anyone who actually understands the game realizes that 'Zard is a joke.
#50CrystalKing5426Posted 6/26/2013 8:50:14 PM
Alty1 posted...
Anyone who actually understands the game realizes that 'Zard is a joke.

Shhh, you'll upset the Genwunners.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board