This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who actually uses the Daycare for it's original purpose?

#11jayman7Posted 6/26/2013 12:40:05 AM
xxdark91xx posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
And make my pokemon learn random-moves at will?

F*** that.

I really hope this is a joke.....

Well, they're not random, but the Daycare does risk screwing with your moveset.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/26/2013 12:42:45 AM
I don't use enough Pokemon to really need the Daycare.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#13Noble-HeartPosted 6/26/2013 12:55:10 AM
Not much but it does have some use in Nuzlocke runs.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
Deicide: the act of killing a divine being or a symbolic substitute of such a being.
#14tiomastaPosted 6/26/2013 1:11:29 AM
Actually use it just for the experience? Not at all for me, I'd just quickly grind anything I needed, and you obviously don't get to use whatever you leave at their place, which is not all that convenient...

jayman7 posted...
and moves being overwritten without your consent if it tried to learn something new at level up

Factor in that you couldn't re-learn moves in gen 1 or 2 :<
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
#15LexifoxPosted 6/26/2013 1:19:29 AM
tiomasta posted...
Actually use it just for the experience? Not at all for me, I'd just quickly grind anything I needed, and you obviously don't get to use whatever you leave at their place, which is not all that convenient...

jayman7 posted...
and moves being overwritten without your consent if it tried to learn something new at level up

Factor in that you couldn't re-learn moves in gen 1 or 2 :<

You actually could do this in Gen 2, but only with Pokemon Stadium 2 and you had to do a big tournament thing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16Chaos_MissilePosted 6/26/2013 1:32:00 AM
jayman7 posted...
xxdark91xx posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
And make my pokemon learn random-moves at will?

F*** that.

I really hope this is a joke.....

Well, they're not random, but the Daycare does risk screwing with your moveset.

Not really. Just learn to arrange your moves so that the one least desirable gets deleted first.

I'm sure with all the efforts people make to calculate STAB damage, EVs, IVs and all the competitive nonsense, counting how many steps/experience you gain is just another minor issue.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#17SandaanPosted 6/26/2013 3:40:30 AM
Yeah only when trying to complete my PokÚdex
---
" I am the bone of my sword ,Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
So as I pray, unlimited blade works. - Archer
#18Viridipalm_userPosted 6/26/2013 3:45:18 AM
Hey roxbury. Long time.

Hmmm I always put a pidove in the first time I get there. Then completely forgot. I just picked it up last week. And it still only gone 41 levels.....
---
B1:4814-6818-1239 | W1:5158-3765-5718 My Pokes:http://tinyurl.com/Roxas-s-PokeDoc
Always use my B1 unless stated not. Member of the ABC lolz
#19SazukeEXPosted 6/26/2013 3:55:53 AM
I drop a Pokemon or two in as I plat the main game than grab them during Post Game as I get to breeding stuff.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#20HikariX9Posted 6/26/2013 5:10:32 AM
I leave a pokemon at the daycare, go to gear station, put something heavy on my up and b button, and when I wake up the next day, instant lv100 pokemon, or atleast close to 100.