This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does battling accomplish anything?

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 6/26/2013 1:46:13 AM
In the games, they're always saying that battling others is good for the bond between the trainer and their team. How exactly does that work? Is it just the fact that you're going through these trials together? As in, the trials that you initiated by even deciding to challenge the Pokemon league and other trainers?

Help me out here, I think I'm missing something.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Real Super Sand Legend of the KHIII Board-
#2AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/26/2013 1:50:09 AM
Taking money from others is a great bond-building experience when you do it with those you love.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#3BlackBloodDragoPosted 6/26/2013 1:52:50 AM
There is money to be made.
---
Darkgun 3DS FC: 3480-3950-4456
REPENT MOTHER F***ER!
#4tiomastaPosted 6/26/2013 2:04:56 AM
I remember that the episode with raikou had the protagonist of Gold/Silver having a speech about that. There was a little flashback to one fight earlier, where even though they were fighting, after that the two trainers shook hands and the two pokemon got up, somewhat beat, but they were happy with each other.
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
#5PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 2:11:47 AM
All I'm getting is that you can make money and that you bond with other trainers rather than your own Pokemon.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Real Super Sand Legend of the KHIII Board-
#6WiiareVenomPosted 6/26/2013 2:30:21 AM
I miss when battling was about the sport/competition, like in the beginning... Then Black/White brings in this Psycho-Babble about the point of battles being to understand each other<.< That makes no sense.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#7DweezleMoonunitPosted 6/26/2013 2:41:52 AM
It diverts attention away from the awful economy and poverty. Most houses are tiny and only have a single bed. Keep morale up you know?
---
Pokemon X board has Mods jelly of my awesome topics lol.
#8Big_IsaacPosted 6/26/2013 2:49:32 AM
WiiareVenom posted...
I miss when battling was about the sport/competition, like in the beginning... Then Black/White brings in this Psycho-Babble about the point of battles being to understand each other<.< That makes no sense.

news flash: this is pokemon. "friendship overcomes all!" has always been what it's all about.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#9AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/26/2013 3:27:33 AM
All I'm getting is that you can make money

Ya, of the bond-building variety.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#10LordRattergunPosted 6/26/2013 3:31:44 AM
Heart is what wins battles.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg