This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does battling accomplish anything?

#11Hierarchy225Posted 6/26/2013 3:39:48 AM
WiiareVenom posted...
I miss when battling was about the sport/competition, like in the beginning... Then Black/White brings in this Psycho-Babble about the point of battles being to understand each other<.< That makes no sense.

Um.. Where have you been? Its always been about this. Like since the beginning. Also never try to apply logic to the Pokemon world. Pokemon are completely different creatures, and don't really function like any creature in real life. They have their own rules.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
#12mehmetskiPosted 6/26/2013 5:05:28 AM
has no one seriously answered yet?
battling->rising levels->rising friendship.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#13Block_Man_XPosted 6/26/2013 5:12:22 AM
WiiareVenom posted...
I miss when battling was about the sport/competition, like in the beginning... Then Black/White brings in this Psycho-Babble about the point of battles being to understand each other<.< That makes no sense.

No its always been like that. Have you watch season 1 lately?
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#14DemyxusPosted 6/26/2013 5:15:23 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
In the games, they're always saying that battling others is good for the bond between the trainer and their team. How exactly does that work? Is it just the fact that you're going through these trials together? As in, the trials that you initiated by even deciding to challenge the Pokemon league and other trainers?

Help me out here, I think I'm missing something.

Synchronizing with eachother -> Good teamwork -> building up bonds/trust/friendship.

Makes sense?
#15PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 10:13:54 AM
Demyxus posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
In the games, they're always saying that battling others is good for the bond between the trainer and their team. How exactly does that work? Is it just the fact that you're going through these trials together? As in, the trials that you initiated by even deciding to challenge the Pokemon league and other trainers?

Help me out here, I think I'm missing something.

Synchronizing with eachother -> Good teamwork -> building up bonds/trust/friendship.

Makes sense?

I guess...
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Real Super Sand Legend of the KHIII Board-
#16ISECreamPosted 6/26/2013 10:17:43 AM
Or being commanded without question by 10 year old kids to hurt each other and then taken to a hospital, just so that they have the energy to do it again. Then forced back into small spherical objects to patiently wait until they are called to do it again.

PLASMA!

j/k, but it does mean the bond-building stuff
#17Meta289Posted 6/26/2013 10:18:50 AM
Battling is good for bonds because when a Pokemon defeats another Pokemon, they gain experience, and when they get enough experience, they level up, and when they level up, their happiness increases by 2 to 5 points.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#18GloryChaosPosted 6/26/2013 10:24:03 AM
Treat pokemon battling like a real life hobby, pastime, or sport. When you play sports or games with groups of people over a period of time, you might understand them a little bit and bond over some things.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#19JackSolomonPosted 6/26/2013 10:36:55 AM(edited)
Maybe you all missed the bit about how THERE'S ****ING MONSTERS IN THE GRASS.

Seriously, these things make Earthquakes as easily as you or I clap our hands (no offense, people without hands). The point of battling is to control the wild Pokemon population, and ward them away from Towns. That's why it's so central to the Pokemon universe, to the point that education in Pokemon is more at the forefront than standardized education: Do you think you're warned away from going in the tall grass without a Pokemon of your own for no reason?

No. Pokemon kill people. Pokemon kill Pokemon. The point of the battling system is to make the strongest group of teams possible, to combat the most powerful Pokemon, if need be. That's why there's Gym Leaders, or at least a large number of Pokemon trainers in just about every city: To defend against wild Pokemon.

Bonding with ones captured Pokemon happens, yes, and it's a good thing, but the reason the system exists is to beat the crap out of wild Pokemon and create stronger teams to go against the most powerful Pokemon.

Or maybe bonding is the real reason, and the whole Pokemon battling system is just their way of accomplishing it. I don't know.
#20_KGC_Posted 6/26/2013 10:53:22 AM
GloryChaos sighting
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra