This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

explaining Mewtwo's new form

#11Oblivion_HeroPosted 6/26/2013 9:29:14 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Mewtwo can still learn Flamethrower.

Oh, right, Mewtwo cannot learn TMs without a trainer!

Aura Sphere one shots T-Tar though~
looks like someone hasn't leveled up

iirc, you can create T-Tar sets (something like +sp def nature, nearly max hp and special def evs, extra in attack) that will live a Timid, life orb Mewtwo aura sphere and can inflict enough damage with crunch to cause a double down with sandstorm damage on the next turn.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#12PidgeonPeasantPosted 6/26/2013 10:30:07 AM
omegaslash14 posted...
PidgeonPeasant posted...
I'm going with plot armor on that one....remember Pikachu thundershocking onix to a victory just because the sprinklers were on? yeahhhhh...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soak_(move)

lol this shows how dated I am on this game. Haven't played a new pokemon (bar soul silver, which has been mostly the same so far) since ruby and sapphire. This game is going to be massively confusing for me hahaha.
#13WiiareVenomPosted 6/26/2013 11:50:00 AM
Wasn't there something about this maybe being a different Mewtwo? Maybe it was true, and this other one isn't as well made as Mewtwo Prime?
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#14Nightstar1994Posted 6/26/2013 12:25:16 PM
I hope this isn't the same Mewtwo. In this trailer we saw him being "created again", with 3 strange looking professors standing there? There were no characters like that during his actual creation.

It would fit if this was another clone, and would explain his Voice issue too.
#15Monferno_AQWPosted 6/26/2013 12:44:01 PM(edited)
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
could this mean that, with this new form, GF is trying to put Mewtwo back on top as the strongest (non-deity) Pokemon?

They'd better be...

Fixed that for ya, chum. ;3

WiiareVenom posted...
Wasn't there something about this maybe being a different Mewtwo? Maybe it was true, and this other one isn't as well made as Mewtwo Prime?

Nightstar1994 posted...
I hope this isn't the same Mewtwo. In this trailer we saw him being "created again", with 3 strange looking professors standing there? There were no characters like that during his actual creation.

It would fit if this was another clone, and would explain his Voice issue too.

I doubt it's a new Mewtwo. It took the other scientists years to create Mewtwo, so I don't see how anyone created him in a years time now that all instances of years passing in the show have been retconned, and pretty much everyone who knows/knew about Mewtwo is either dead, had their memories wiped, or wouldn't attempt to make another. The only exception would probably be Dr. Yung, and that's assuming he's still alive.

My guess is, judging from the trailer, he was captured and experimented on. That's why he may have been weakened and has his new forme.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#16AbysmalTrinityPosted 6/26/2013 12:47:32 PM
omegaslash14 posted...
PidgeonPeasant posted...
I'm going with plot armor on that one....remember Pikachu thundershocking onix to a victory just because the sprinklers were on? yeahhhhh...

Didn't exist back then.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#17WiiareVenomPosted 6/26/2013 1:27:23 PM
AbysmalTrinity posted...
omegaslash14 posted...
PidgeonPeasant posted...

Didn't exist back then.

But the same logic applies.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#18HemerukioPosted 6/26/2013 1:36:25 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, putting that aside, is this movie or special or whatever it is... NOT going to have Ash in it?!
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#19stranksyPosted 6/26/2013 1:58:54 PM
Can anyone please translate what's being said in that clip, lest it be something of import?
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#20AbysmalTrinityPosted 6/26/2013 7:35:25 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
AbysmalTrinity posted...
omegaslash14 posted...
PidgeonPeasant posted...

Didn't exist back then.

But the same logic applies.

Nope, not back then.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity