This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The mystery of Magnemite.

#1deadpool848Posted 6/26/2013 9:09:16 AM
Why do ground type moves hit it again?

Pokedex Entries:
Saphire:
"MAGNEMITE floats in the air by emitting electromagnetic waves from the units at its sides. These waves block gravity. This POKéMON becomes incapable of flight if its internal electrical supply is depleted."
Fire Red:
"It moves while constantly hovering. It discharges THUNDER WAVE and so on from the units at its sides. "
Leaf Green:
"Uses antigravity to stay suspended. Appears without warning and uses THUNDER WAVE and similar moves."
Black2/White2:
"The electromagnetic waves emitted by the units at the sides of its head expel antigravity, which allows it to float."

Has it been explained somewhere? Cause i really dont understand how a magnemite can float and still get hit by earthquake... Never understood why GF didnt give this evolution line Levitate...
#2JackSolomonPosted 6/26/2013 9:18:34 AM
Sapphire definition, right there kind of explains it:

"This POKéMON becomes incapable of flight if its internal electrical supply is depleted."

Every move you make with Magnemite exhausts it's internal power supply, so it lands after every move, and is recharging it's power supply for it's next attack when the opponent makes THEIR move. So even if it's a Ground type, it is ON the ground during that move.
#3Meta289Posted 6/26/2013 9:20:37 AM
Ground type moves hit Magnemite because it doesn't have Levitate, nor does it have a type that is immune to Ground.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#4KIngdomSora50Posted 6/26/2013 9:22:18 AM
He needs to use magnet rise.
#5Chaos GenesisPosted 6/26/2013 10:08:15 AM
Meta289 posted...
Ground type moves hit Magnemite because it doesn't have Levitate, nor does it have a type that is immune to Ground.

---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#6gren-aidPosted 6/26/2013 10:30:20 AM(edited)
The same thing happens with Beldum. They both use electromagnetic waves to float, I wonder if that's got something to do with it?

KIngdomSora50 posted...
He needs to use magnet rise.

http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1172203/the-impossible-made-possible/

---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#7JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/26/2013 10:39:36 AM
What I want to know is why a stream of mud can't hit something that's flying but a punch can.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.