This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

#1DarkOceanNightsPosted 6/26/2013 1:45:44 PM
Considering he is a god...
---
GT: Doctorbean PSN: TidalWaves 3DS: 1461- 6394-5664
#2wind64aPosted 6/26/2013 1:48:40 PM
If a deity like being feels like travelling with someone, then it will.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#3furygodsPosted 6/26/2013 1:49:37 PM
Arceus in daycare center.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#4JackSolomonPosted 6/26/2013 1:55:18 PM
Dude, there are two ways you can look at Arceus, in the context of being in the Pokemon world:

He's a really powerful Pokemon capable of creating other Pokemon who are, in turn, capable of controlling space and time.

Or:

He's God.

Do you have ANY idea how BORED he must be? Some trainer manages to call him down. Okay, fair enough. Might want a miracle or something. Trainer CHALLENGES HIM TO A FIGHT. Then proceeds to try and CAPTURE AND CONTROL HIM.

Arceus follows the trainer because one: He's got nothing to better to do, and two: The Trainer who caught him has the AUDACITY TO TRY AND CONTROL GOD.
#5Hierarchy225Posted 6/26/2013 1:58:11 PM
I do. I mean seriously they should have made Arceus uncatchable. Or atleast if you did catch it(to get the Pokedex entry) it would immediately release itself afterward.
---
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board
#6Lux_SentouPosted 6/26/2013 2:04:49 PM
Plot twist: Arceus catches the MC
---
I cannot protect you without holding a sword.
I cannot embrace you while holding a sword.
#7gladwyn101Posted 6/26/2013 2:08:57 PM
Who says gods in the Pokemon universe are omnipotent or omniscient? Maybe they are like the Greek gods in terms of behavior. Very flawed and human-like.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/26/2013 2:26:14 PM
JackSolomon posted...
Dude, there are two ways you can look at Arceus, in the context of being in the Pokemon world:

He's a really powerful Pokemon capable of creating other Pokemon who are, in turn, capable of controlling space and time.

Or:

He's God.

Do you have ANY idea how BORED he must be? Some trainer manages to call him down. Okay, fair enough. Might want a miracle or something. Trainer CHALLENGES HIM TO A FIGHT. Then proceeds to try and CAPTURE AND CONTROL HIM.

Arceus follows the trainer because one: He's got nothing to better to do, and two: The Trainer who caught him has the AUDACITY TO TRY AND CONTROL GOD.

This. I feel bad for Arceus being so bored all the time.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#9UmuruPosted 6/26/2013 2:58:33 PM(edited)
I don't feel that way at all. Who says God can't be caught? Perhaps it is a sign that the Pokemon world is polytheistic or is like the Greek's pantheon.
#10FuneralCakePosted 6/26/2013 2:59:53 PM
There are other gods in the Pokemon world, and we can catch them, so yeah. Arceus is a god, not the God.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?