This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

User Info: DarkOceanNights

DarkOceanNights
3 years ago#1
Considering he is a god...
GT: Doctorbean PSN: TidalWaves 3DS: 1461- 6394-5664

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
3 years ago#2
If a deity like being feels like travelling with someone, then it will.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393

User Info: furygods

furygods
3 years ago#3
Arceus in daycare center.
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.

User Info: JackSolomon

JackSolomon
3 years ago#4
Dude, there are two ways you can look at Arceus, in the context of being in the Pokemon world:

He's a really powerful Pokemon capable of creating other Pokemon who are, in turn, capable of controlling space and time.

Or:

He's God.

Do you have ANY idea how BORED he must be? Some trainer manages to call him down. Okay, fair enough. Might want a miracle or something. Trainer CHALLENGES HIM TO A FIGHT. Then proceeds to try and CAPTURE AND CONTROL HIM.

Arceus follows the trainer because one: He's got nothing to better to do, and two: The Trainer who caught him has the AUDACITY TO TRY AND CONTROL GOD.

User Info: Hierarchy225

Hierarchy225
3 years ago#5
I do. I mean seriously they should have made Arceus uncatchable. Or atleast if you did catch it(to get the Pokedex entry) it would immediately release itself afterward.
The Official Noivern of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: Lux_Sentou

Lux_Sentou
3 years ago#6
Plot twist: Arceus catches the MC
I cannot protect you without holding a sword.
I cannot embrace you while holding a sword.

User Info: gladwyn101

gladwyn101
3 years ago#7
Who says gods in the Pokemon universe are omnipotent or omniscient? Maybe they are like the Greek gods in terms of behavior. Very flawed and human-like.
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
3 years ago#8
JackSolomon posted...
Dude, there are two ways you can look at Arceus, in the context of being in the Pokemon world:

He's a really powerful Pokemon capable of creating other Pokemon who are, in turn, capable of controlling space and time.

Or:

He's God.

Do you have ANY idea how BORED he must be? Some trainer manages to call him down. Okay, fair enough. Might want a miracle or something. Trainer CHALLENGES HIM TO A FIGHT. Then proceeds to try and CAPTURE AND CONTROL HIM.

Arceus follows the trainer because one: He's got nothing to better to do, and two: The Trainer who caught him has the AUDACITY TO TRY AND CONTROL GOD.

This. I feel bad for Arceus being so bored all the time.
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.

User Info: Umuru

Umuru
3 years ago#9
I don't feel that way at all. Who says God can't be caught? Perhaps it is a sign that the Pokemon world is polytheistic or is like the Greek's pantheon.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#10
There are other gods in the Pokemon world, and we can catch them, so yeah. Arceus is a god, not the God.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived