This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who complain about Gen 5 designs.

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 6/26/2013 3:24:04 PM
Just STOP NOW
It's way too surface and you need to take off your hipster Glasses
They are bad, but Gen1's ones were worse!
At least they weren't Poke Balls and Magnets!
I do love gen 1 but just stop doing that now.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2Octaivian_RexPosted 6/26/2013 3:28:33 PM
The joke's reversed in on itself, WHAT'S EVEN A JOKE AND WHAT'S REALITY!?!?! Am I a troll are you a troll? Are the joke topics the only real topics?!?! WHY WHWYEF WHY!?!?!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyj7d6Gj6e1r556mmo1_400.gif
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#3SuperSaiyanTienPosted 6/26/2013 3:31:16 PM
People are allowed to have opinions.

That being said, I definitely agree. Certain Pokemon in the first gen weren't too clever. But, you have to admit that some Pokemon in Gen 5 were a little bit...outrageous.

I don't think gen 1 had the best designs by far. I think Gen 2 had the best ones. But my personal opinion is that as the gens go on, some of the Pokemon just become more and more unbelievable in terms of... "these are actually creatures just running around?"
---
2365 4944 5716(Pokemon White Pal Code)
4469 3684 6040 (Platinum Pal Code)
#4zinformantPosted 6/26/2013 3:31:19 PM
I realize you think you're being cool and insightful posting this, but it is possible to dislike both the uninspired designs of the first generation and the more offbeat ones of the fifth generation. It's a straw man argument to say that this is a war of first versus fifth generation.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#5TherianReturnsPosted 6/26/2013 3:42:55 PM
"hipster" is stupid and people need to stop using it to describe things/people
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#6LexifoxPosted 6/26/2013 3:44:12 PM
SuperSaiyanTien posted...

That being said, I definitely agree. Certain Pokemon in the first gen weren't too clever. But, you have to admit that some Pokemon in Gen 5 were a little bit...outrageous.

What makes a Pokemon "outrageous"?

I don't think gen 1 had the best designs by far. I think Gen 2 had the best ones. But my personal opinion is that as the gens go on, some of the Pokemon just become more and more unbelievable in terms of... "these are actually creatures just running around?"

You realize that as a rule, "monsters" aren't commonplace, right? This is a fantasy world.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7SuperSaiyanTienPosted 6/26/2013 3:56:55 PM
Lexifox posted...

Like how the last legendary dragons look like they belong on a Yu-gi-oh card, rather than in a Pokemon game >.>
---
2365 4944 5716(Pokemon White Pal Code)
4469 3684 6040 (Platinum Pal Code)
#8LexifoxPosted 6/26/2013 3:58:10 PM
Lexifox posted...

Like how the last legendary dragons look like they belong on a Yu-gi-oh card, rather than in a Pokemon game >.>

What are the qualifications for YGO card status? Because I've been hearing variations of this complaint since Gen 2.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9zinformantPosted 6/26/2013 4:01:32 PM
Lexifox posted...

No Pokemon looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh! card. Go do searches for Gren Maju Da Eiza or Amazoness Chain Warrior and tell me what Pokemon look-alikes they have.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#10PsychoWolfXPosted 6/26/2013 4:26:48 PM
The haters have been at it since 2011, you really think they're gonna stop now? Plenty of people (myself included) have warmed up to gen 5 Pokemon over the years, but there are a lot of stubborn people out there who just don't want to agree.