This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who complain about Gen 5 designs.

#21AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/27/2013 5:34:17 AM
Alright, Scanners.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#22rocketgenoPosted 6/27/2013 5:39:50 AM
First off the term is nostalgia glasses
Second off you aren't funny and only want attention
---
WOOT! I'm a ROCKET
#23HalfbakedharryPosted 6/27/2013 5:52:16 AM
Here we go again.
I recently went through every single pokemon from every single game and rated it as loving it or hating it regardless if it's my favourite ect. I don't have to table anymore but I remember that:
I loved 70% of gen1 and hated 80% of gen5. The gen6 pokemon so far look amazing and I've liked them all so far ... except mewtwo's new form which needs to be retconned out of the franchise.
---
I'll think of a good signature someday.
#24GoGoatPosted 6/27/2013 6:11:36 AM
SuperSaiyanTien posted...

Compare Tornadus to Mewtwo

Now compare Celebi to Victini.

Note that they look like they could be from the same world. Tornadus looks as though he's from a different game. He doesn't look like the same universe.

If you don't see what I'm talking about, I can't explain it any clearer.

I don't see what you're talking about. Because this is a terrible argument.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#25GoGoatPosted 6/27/2013 6:15:52 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...

At least they weren't Poke Balls and Magnets!

***** please, Magnemite is an awesome design. To be compared with the near featureless Voltorb is an insult.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#26deevo117Posted 6/27/2013 6:25:14 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

As to the designs, I feel that Gen V has the most bad designs of any gen, but plenty of straight-up awesome ones. Gen I has consistently good designs, but fewer great ones.

I have to agree with this completely. Obviously Gen I designs were much simpler in scope and harder to criticize so for every pokemon you weren't very fond of, there was probably at least another one to make up for it.

Gen V had some really cool designs, don't get me wrong. Haxorus is by far one of the coolest pokes ever. I personally am also really fond of Bouffalant and Chandelure, as well as a few others.

However, some designs just seemed so random/ridiculous. I personally think that pokes like Trubbish/Garbodor and the entire Klink evolution line are just examples of terrible design execution.

On top of that, GF made it apparent that they're starting to run out of ideas by recycling a lot of pokemon concepts. Zubat and Woobat, the names even rhyme for goodness sakes... Drillbur is reminiscent of Sandshrew... The Gothita line is definitely akin to the Ralts evo line, etc.

Gen V just seems less original in the scope of things.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#27LexifoxPosted 6/27/2013 2:17:33 PM
deevo117 posted...
On top of that, GF made it apparent that they're starting to run out of ideas by recycling a lot of pokemon concepts. Zubat and Woobat, the names even rhyme for goodness sakes... Drillbur is reminiscent of Sandshrew... The Gothita line is definitely akin to the Ralts evo line, etc.

Gen V just seems less original in the scope of things.

Drilbur is a mole while Sandshrew is an armadillo, and the Gothita line are based on Gothic lolita/fortunetellers while the Ralts line seems to be based on paper dolls.

Their only similarities are "two of them are small Ground-based mammals and two are Psychic lines that look feminine".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#28theboogsPosted 6/27/2013 2:21:24 PM
That's original
---
insert signature here
#29Half-GhostPosted 6/27/2013 2:25:30 PM
It's really hard not to like Gen 1 because of the nostalgia though. I'm aware that some of the designs were not very creative, but I grew up with them, so I can't find it in myself to dislike them.