This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ice needs a huge defensive buff.

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 6/26/2013 6:17:08 PM
Make it resist Water, Grass, Flying and dragon as well.
Who aggres?
---
Not changing this sig until Sigilyph becomes UU or OU.
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#2Wings of FortePosted 6/26/2013 6:21:10 PM
But ice is brittle. Ice melts at temperatures above 32 Degrees Fahrenheit. Why should it be buffed? That does not make sense.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#3MetleonPosted 6/26/2013 6:22:25 PM
Ice is already an amazing offensive type, so it doesn't need to be a great defensive type as well. Just make it resist Fairy and call it a day.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#4deathbycookiesPosted 6/26/2013 6:27:36 PM
ICE TYPE:
Offensive against: Dragon , Flying , grass , Ground

Defensive against: Ice

There's got to be a reason why ice is so bad defensively.

Then we got

POISON TYPE:
Offensive against: Grass
*can't even do damage to steel

Defensive against: Bug , Fighting , Poison , Grass

Its clear these 2 have the opposite weaknesses.

There;s got to be a reason why poison is so bad offensively

So here is meh idea

ICE should be defensive against...

Poison 1/2
Water 1/2
flying? 1/2
Fairy 1/2

POISON should be offensive against...

Water 2x
Flying 2x
normal? 2x
Fairy 2x

Thoughts?
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#5LordRattergunPosted 6/26/2013 6:30:16 PM
Honestly, the types are pretty backwards.

Ice and Rock are thematically passive, yet hard objects. Hence lending themselves to defense.

Nintendo sees this and makes almost every Rock/Ice type have large defensive starts and small offense. However, this in turn screws those Pokemon over since their weaknesses to every common attack make them awful in defense anyway. Making this worse, Water Pokemon happen to be amazing at both attack and defense, learn every Ice move, and there are a billion of them.

On the other side, we have Poison, which is thematically an offensive, attacking type yet can't hit anything for crap typewise. Hence Nintendo making a bunch of awful offensive Poison types that are never used save for Gengar, who lucked out.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#6moneyman82Posted 6/26/2013 6:34:14 PM
Wings of Forte posted...
But ice is brittle. Ice melts at temperatures above 32 Degrees Fahrenheit. Why should it be buffed? That does not make sense.

lolfahrenheit
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#7jayman7Posted 6/26/2013 6:43:02 PM(edited)
moneyman82 posted...
Wings of Forte posted...

lolfahrenheit

Because Celsius is so much better. Sorry, temperature is the one case where I'll defend the American system over metric: using the freezing and boiling points of water is entirely arbitrary, Fahrenheit is useful for describing the weather (standard temperate regions tend to run from 0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and is more precise without having to resort to decimals.

And for science, they both lose out to Kelvins.

Note that I agree that the metric system is better outside of temperature.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8bobstevens23123Posted 6/26/2013 6:44:14 PM
LordRattergun posted...
Honestly, the types are pretty backwards.

Ice and Rock are thematically passive, yet hard objects. Hence lending themselves to defense.

Nintendo sees this and makes almost every Rock/Ice type have large defensive starts and small offense. However, this in turn screws those Pokemon over since their weaknesses to every common attack make them awful in defense anyway. Making this worse, Water Pokemon happen to be amazing at both attack and defense, learn every Ice move, and there are a billion of them.

On the other side, we have Poison, which is thematically an offensive, attacking type yet can't hit anything for crap typewise. Hence Nintendo making a bunch of awful offensive Poison types that are never used save for Gengar, who lucked out.

this, how is posion, such a dangerous thing, bad offensively? makes no sense
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#9tivanenkPosted 6/26/2013 6:55:13 PM
jayman7 posted...
moneyman82 posted...
Wings of Forte posted...

lolfahrenheit

Because Celsius is so much better. Sorry, temperature is the one case where I'll defend the American system over metric: using the freezing and boiling points of water is entirely arbitrary, Fahrenheit is useful for describing the weather (standard temperate regions tend to run from 0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and is more precise without having to resort to decimals.

And for science, they both lose out to Kelvins.

Note that I agree that the metric system is better outside of temperature.

Celsius is much easier to use though.
---
Quinn is mai waifu.
#10kaonohiokalaPosted 6/26/2013 6:55:45 PM
1.5x defense boost in hail
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko