This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ice needs a huge defensive buff.

#31EdwardoMario16Posted 6/26/2013 11:06:08 PM
No, OP.

Ice just needs better Pokemon period. Mamoswine shines despite being an Ice-Type. There's also Cloyster, but that's only because of Shell Smash.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#32reaverzPosted 6/26/2013 11:08:37 PM
The only hope that Ice has is to have a resistance to the new Fairy type. Other than that, GameFreak seems keen to leave the existing type chart completely alone.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#33Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/26/2013 11:24:44 PM
You don't buff Ice.

You make something new to hide your shame.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#34bd43Posted 6/26/2013 11:59:08 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
No, OP.

Ice just needs better Pokemon period. Mamoswine shines despite being an Ice-Type. There's also Cloyster, but that's only because of Shell Smash.

Mamoswine has SE stab against basically every OU pokemon worth using and is still only semi-effective with Thick Fat giving him an extra neutral and NVE hit.

Yes, Ice could use better pokemon, particularly with better BST. Many types could use better pokemon. The average Ice type simply can't compete, though. Just ask the 700 BST Ice/Dragon in OU.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#35JarickoPosted 6/27/2013 12:02:06 AM
Types are usually not both good offensively and defensively.

I mean look at steel types and dragon types. I would call them defensive types. They are really good at soaking damage ( dragons tend to dish it out but as far as the typing goes its more suited to defenses, we just so far have gotten really offensive dragons ) and types like ice, ground or rock. They tend to be really good at dishing it out. I sort of feel ground needs a minor nerf defensively to put it a bit closer to the level of ice but I kinda like how things are now. Dragons need altering a little, more really fast ice types and fairy types being resistant and super effective would help out too.
#36bd43Posted 6/27/2013 12:32:41 AM
Jaricko posted...
Types are usually not both good offensively and defensively.

I mean look at steel types and dragon types. I would call them defensive types. They are really good at soaking damage ( dragons tend to dish it out but as far as the typing goes its more suited to defenses, we just so far have gotten really offensive dragons ) and types like ice, ground or rock. They tend to be really good at dishing it out. I sort of feel ground needs a minor nerf defensively to put it a bit closer to the level of ice but I kinda like how things are now. Dragons need altering a little, more really fast ice types and fairy types being resistant and super effective would help out too.

The issue with this argument is the way the game works Stab will never be enough to validate a type and attackers would generally prefer a wide movepool and defensive typing. That's why defensive types dominate the OU that is largely built of heavy hitters.
---
#37EdwardoMario16Posted 6/27/2013 1:12:12 PM
bd43 posted...
Yes, Ice could use better pokemon, particularly with better BST. Many types could use better pokemon. The average Ice type simply can't compete, though. Just ask the 700 BST Ice/Dragon in OU.

Kyurem-B is in OU because it's Physical Ice STAB is non-existent. If it had Ice Shard and Icicle Crash, it's in Ubers no question.

Again, more trollishly bad design of Ice Pokemon.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#38Octaivian_RexPosted 6/27/2013 1:21:53 PM(edited)
Grass and Flying do not need an offensive nerf. And Fairies have already nerfed Dragon enough with their immunity. Water resistance is fine. A neutrality to rock would also be good. That way Ice type will still remain similar to how they are now but with a useful water resistance and without their horrid stealth rock weakness.
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#39bd43Posted 6/27/2013 1:34:29 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
bd43 posted...

Kyurem-B is in OU because it's Physical Ice STAB is non-existent. If it had Ice Shard and Icicle Crash, it's in Ubers no question.

Again, more trollishly bad design of Ice Pokemon.

We can pretend type has no play there. Standard Kyurem with 660 base still says hi. 90 in both defenses, 125 HP, able to sweep with either stat, fairly good special movepool. . . BL
---
#40UmuruPosted 6/27/2013 3:53:19 PM
Nothing else ever should resist Grass.