This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you think attacks that deal additional damage to a specific type is bad idea?

#1paiprPosted 6/26/2013 7:15:22 PM
like as an example if scold did its normal thing but also did x2 fire damage to ice types. (like if attacking an ice type it stops being a water type attack and instead just does fire damage)

or

muddy water does x2 electric damage to electric types (stops being water and instead hits as a ground attack {weather or not this would care about flying types or levitaters is a whole other debate})

or other new attacks. there are rumors going around. i kinda like the idea. and in some ways it makes enough sense. so thoughts? opinions?
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#2FuneralCakePosted 6/26/2013 7:18:32 PM(edited)
YES THATS BAD

cuz

why not jus make it a fire type move then

gam frek wut u doin

also scold only super efective on ur kids
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#3paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:26:35 PM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
YES THATS BAD

cuz

why not jus make it a fire type move then

gam frek wut u doin

also scold only super efective on ur kids

cause its a water type move. i mean the same could be reversed, its a fire move that does water damage to a certain type. the idea is that some moves are obviously a specific type, but due to there properties they perhaps may damage another type for super effective damage.

also if you have scolding hot water its not fire, its still water, but it can be used to burn things (hence its ability to burn stuff) but also scolding hot water is a great way to melt ice. hence my thought.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#4DarkEspeon996Posted 6/26/2013 7:44:42 PM
Do you realize that boiling water will turn into ice if immediately exposed to a cold environment?
---
What goes up, must go down. Like my grades...- black wargreykid
http://i.imgur.com/amV5N.jpg
#5NekoHime64Posted 6/26/2013 7:47:39 PM
paipr posted...
like as an example if scold did its normal thing but also did x2 fire damage to ice types. (like if attacking an ice type it stops being a water type attack and instead just does fire damage)

or

muddy water does x2 electric damage to electric types (stops being water and instead hits as a ground attack {weather or not this would care about flying types or levitaters is a whole other debate})

or other new attacks. there are rumors going around. i kinda like the idea. and in some ways it makes enough sense. so thoughts? opinions?

Does Ice REALLY need another source of pwnage?
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#6paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:48:14 PM
DarkEspeon996 posted...
Do you realize that boiling water will turn into ice if immediately exposed to a cold environment?

but if you pour boiling water onto ice cubes it will melt them.

thats also a side point.
---
#7paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:48:39 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
paipr posted...

or

Does Ice REALLY need another source of pwnage?

just an example.
---
#8Shadow Flare13Posted 6/26/2013 8:13:08 PM
It's a decent idea, but your mechanic behind it sucks. Turning Scald into a Fire attack against Ice types? What turns it into a Fire move all of a sudden? And then that runs into problems with abilities and STAB and other types and you use Fire damage as if it's a different type of damage.

If what you really want is for Scald to be SE on Ice types, make that a specific property of the move without changing the type. For example, the Bone line of moves, while Ground, should be able to hit Flying types and Levitators. That doesn't mean it needs to deal "normal damage" or something, just make one of the properties "Ignores Ground immunity" or something.
#9roxbury1990Posted 6/26/2013 8:20:05 PM
Dual type attacks? No no NO this can't HAPPEN
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#10MagikarpRulesPosted 6/26/2013 8:24:34 PM
I like how Funeral Cake made a pun that went over the head of TC regarding the example he used in the OP.