This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone gonna try the challenges to make the game harder?

#21nro87Posted 6/27/2013 10:19:11 AM
I don't really understand why everyone wants to recapture the wonderment they got when they were kids with Gen 1. I'm 21 years old, I want to know what I'm getting into. I'm gonna look at every piece of information we get. When I catch a Pokémon, I'm going straight to Serebii.net to find out what it learns, when it evolves, what its stats are like, etc.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#22Aquachocobo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 11:01:00 AM
nro87 posted...
I don't really understand why everyone wants to recapture the wonderment they got when they were kids with Gen 1. I'm 21 years old, I want to know what I'm getting into. I'm gonna look at every piece of information we get. When I catch a Pokémon, I'm going straight to Serebii.net to find out what it learns, when it evolves, what its stats are like, etc.

i can understand that,but i always leave that for after i beat the elite four lol just how i do things in a pokemon game lol
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 5329 8943 6297
#23TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/27/2013 11:50:16 AM(edited)
I've been wanting a New Game+ feature for so long just so I could have multiple playthroughs to not just do stuff like this, but play through the game with Pokemon I didn't consider using the first time around. If there isn't one in X and Y I'm not going to do any challenges. I might use the opposite version for this but I probably won't get an opportunity where I want to use my money for that.
#24Misdreavus573Posted 6/27/2013 11:54:42 AM
Not on my first playthrough.

Maybe on a later one though.
#25wheeling_gamerPosted 6/27/2013 12:03:00 PM
-I am doing monotypes on my games right now, and I have to say they're pretty fun. I do allow myself to trade, however, but only if a Pokémon needs to evolve or if the run is impossible without it (e.g. Dark, Dragon). I also try to use only Pokémon that are in Regional Dexes until I get the National Dex, even if I've access to the Pokémon earlier.

-I haven't done a single Pokémon only run since my earliest days, so I might give that a try.

-I've always wanted to do a no evolution run, but never really had the drive to

-Tireless run sounds interesting… I'm assuming we can still buy things even though they're technically in Pokémon centers?

-I have done a Hardcore (Nuzlocke) run and I have to say I found it more annoying than fun.

-I have another challenge that people could try. It's called the Hall of Fame Challenge. You start with a list of Pokémon by the National Dex number that acts as a check list.

-Each time you use a Pokémon, it is crossed off this checklist. Once a Pokémon is crossed off, it cannot be used again.

-To use a Pokémon means to take it all the way to the Elite Four, give it a lot of levels (around 30-40) or in the case of certain legendaries, raising it to maximum level. Basically, you want to get a good feel for what that Pokémon is like.

-Also, if you use a Pokémon of a certain family, all of its evolutions are also crossed off. This is particularly relevant for a Pokémon that had a final form in one generation, but gained an evolved form in other. Exceptions are for the Eevee family and branched evolutions, in which case each one must be used.

-If a player does not have access to a Pokémon (e.g. event legendaries) that Pokémon is taken off of the checklist.

-Any game can be used, and the progress of all games can be recorded in the checklist. The challenge ends when all Pokémon in the checklist have been used. Basically the point of the challenge is to diversify the teams use during playthroughs. It also keeps things interesting for those who have cleared the game multiple times. I have used around 150-160 Pokémon in the checklist, and I have to say it is quite a fun challenge, even if it's long.

-The challenge is named for Pokémon Stadium’s Hall of Fame, where Pokémon trophy would be displayed if it was used in the tournaments.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.