This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should ralts and kirlia become psychic/fairy too, or should it only be gardevoir

#1paiprPosted 6/27/2013 6:30:48 AM
should ralts and kirlia become psychic/fairy too, or should it only be gardevoir? - Results (124 votes)
yes, that works fine
29.84% (37 votes)
meh, i could see the pros, i could see the cons, but meh
11.29% (14 votes)
no, just gardevoir
54.84% (68 votes)
bonus forth option!! no but gallade should be fairy/fighting
4.03% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
personally half my desire to see gardevoir become psychic/fairy was because i could see ralts as a fairy type very easily. so i want all three to be that type, with gallade staying psychic/fighting.

also i wouldnt mind a little ret-con changing gardevoir to being the female only evo, and gallade being the male only evo, both requiring lvl 30 to evolve.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/27/2013 6:43:13 AM
Only Gardevoir, because Gallade is Psychic/Fighting.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#3paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:47:10 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Only Gardevoir, because Gallade is Psychic/Fighting.

but gallade is only male, and evolves differently. not sure if thats actually an argument.....
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#4zane0144Posted 6/27/2013 6:49:53 AM
Nah, the type should split depending on the evolutionary path you take. Like Snorunt, and Poliwhirl and everything else in the series.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#5paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:58:21 AM
zane0144 posted...
Nah, the type should split depending on the evolutionary path you take. Like Snorunt, and Poliwhirl and everything else in the series.

snorunt is kinda not the best example. it works for both sides of the argument with one evo keeping the type of the the prevos and one getting a type change.
---
#6RDS1Posted 6/27/2013 8:11:07 AM
paipr posted...
zane0144 posted...

snorunt is kinda not the best example. it works for both sides of the argument with one evo keeping the type of the the prevos and one getting a type change.

Glalie for Ice/Fairy? <.<
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#7Lucidious89Posted 6/27/2013 9:06:42 AM
Keeping ralts and kirlia pure psychic adds a bit of internal logic within the family. The child and adolecent forms are single typed, but thier final forms gain a new secondary type depending on which path they take. Making Gallade the oddball of the family in a line of fairys would seem a little off to me. He's an oddball already because his addition to the family was retconned in Gen 4, but this is thier chance to make it a bit more even with Gardevoir being part fairy. Now both final stages would pick up a brand new typing.
#8squirrel_boyPosted 6/27/2013 9:14:36 AM
I like it the way it is. Keep a steady type till the last evolution where it splits to either psychic/fairy or psychic/fighting.
#9deadpool848Posted 6/27/2013 10:20:07 AM
RDS1 posted...
paipr posted...
zane0144 posted...

Glalie should have been Ice/Dark just by it's desigh, i mean just look at it, it embodies a face of a dark type XD.
#10nro87Posted 6/27/2013 10:22:40 AM
deadpool848 posted...
RDS1 posted...
paipr posted...
zane0144 posted...

Glalie should have been Ice/Dark just by it's desigh, i mean just look at it, it embodies a face of a dark type XD.

I have always thought this.

On topic, pretty much what everyone else said. They should stay pure Psychic because then Gallade would make no sense. Being male only and evolving differently should have nothing to do with the type of its prevolutions.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.