This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The way i see Fairy type on the Type Chart

#1fissionprimerPosted 6/27/2013 10:59:12 AM(edited)
Obviously all of this is my opinion

Fairy types are supposed to be guardians of the forest, so they pretty much should have the same weakness as grass

Fairy should be weak against: fire, ice and poison just like grass, except flying and bug which will do normal damage.

Types that should resist fairy type moves is ice and steel. Ice is to make it more balanced type
And not only that ice is supposed to be as hard as rock, but also ice is supposed to be a mirror and magic is reflected by mirrors, so ice is resistant to fairy. And steel because it's the tank pokemon as always, also steel is supposed to be a mirror.

Fairy should resist fighting, because magic totally owns fighting also fighting is already very offesive type. It should also resist dark, because evil tricks shouldn't work that well on fairies. And inmune/resist (will let game freak decide) to dragon just for the sake of balance.

Fairy will be effective against dragon, dark and ghost. Ghost because they are dead supernatural beings, magic controls the undead, so ghost should be weak against fairy.
Everything else will do normal damage except ice and steel.

EDIT: Grass should be resistant to fairy type too, it already has too many weakness, also fairies don't like to hurt what they love the most, the forest.

What do you guys thing, would this balance things some more?
---
obvious sticky (;
#2iKhanicPosted 6/27/2013 10:56:54 AM
It should also be weak against steel. In lore, iron is thought to repel fairies.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#3MalkyeaImbakPosted 6/27/2013 11:02:40 AM
i disagree with ice being super effective the the other typing make sense

if anything ice is really good offensively to make up for its horrible defensive typing just as steel is good defensively to make up for its horrible offensive typing (beats rock and ice only)
#4bwburke94Posted 6/27/2013 11:11:17 AM
We have a leak, but even the leak didn't give full details.
---
Official Mega Man of the SSB4 boards. Official Grovyle of Pokemon X/PMD4/PGD.
The new unofficial Let's Playing board: /boards/600446-lets-play
#5EdwardoMario16Posted 6/27/2013 7:05:16 PM
The leak said Fairies are also strong against Dark and Fighting, Resisted by Fire and Psychic, and Immune to Dragon.

Fairy SE against Dark and Fighting: Fairies outwit Fighters and tricksters by turning the tables on them with their magic and cunning.

Fairy NVE on Fire and Psychic: Fairies are close to nature, but the natural element of fire is volatile and they cannot control it. Psychics have the mental fortitude and willpower to resist Fairies. It's simply a matter of the whole "I don't believe in Fairies" thing. Psychic is skepticism.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#6R-A-VPosted 6/27/2013 10:43:23 PM
Now Kingdra has two weaknesses! :D
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon leaf green & Pokemon Colosseum
Need to finish Pokemon white 2 before X and Y come out
#7AysanderPosted 6/27/2013 10:51:39 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
The leak said Fairies are also strong against Dark and Fighting, Resisted by Fire and Psychic, and Immune to Dragon.

Fairy SE against Dark and Fighting: Fairies outwit Fighters and tricksters by turning the tables on them with their magic and cunning.

Fairy NVE on Fire and Psychic: Fairies are close to nature, but the natural element of fire is volatile and they cannot control it. Psychics have the mental fortitude and willpower to resist Fairies. It's simply a matter of the whole "I don't believe in Fairies" thing. Psychic is skepticism.

Problem with Fire resistance though....

Elves (Who actually have high fire/magic tolerance but crappy poison tolerance w/ the exception of wood elves)

Flame Sprites, not the raging kind from YGO though.

If we're to believe most Irish legends and christian nonsense, brimstone is a commonly used mineral in magic, especially that of the fire persuasion.
#8-Oath-Posted 6/28/2013 7:41:31 AM
Why does dark need to have another weakness? It's not doing anything. Ice needs a buff.
#9RatedRKO7Posted 6/28/2013 7:51:06 AM
-Oath- posted...
Why does dark need to have another weakness? It's not doing anything. Ice needs a buff.

Poison should be supper effective on something more than Grass. So I hope fairy is weak to poison.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#10DDray91Posted 6/28/2013 10:45:55 AM
RatedRKO7 posted...
-Oath- posted...

Poison should be supper effective on something more than Grass. So I hope fairy is weak to poison.

The way I see it, Fairies should be weak to both poison and ice since these 2 currently are out matched by the rest of the types.
---
I have no idea what your saying... and your suit sucks. (Sly Cooper)