This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So we all agree

#21jayman7Posted 6/27/2013 3:27:45 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
jayman7 posted...
The entire Chikorita and Cyndaquil lines, that's what.

You mean the best Grass starter line and the best Fire starter line respectively?

No, I mean one of the worst Grass starter lines and the worst Fire starter line.

And this, TC, is a demonstration as to why we're not going to agree on something like this. (But, really, I don't like the Chikorita and Cyndaquil lines.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#22Great_ReapettePosted 6/27/2013 3:30:50 PM
jayman7 posted...
the worst Fire starter line.

Forgot Tepig.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#23Twilight_SonataPosted 6/27/2013 3:31:13 PM
HardHorseJam posted...
What's with the Chikorita hate?

It's just some guys insecure about their masculinity worried that it looks kind of "girly" and that they'll be teased for liking it because they're in middle school. They fail to realize that Meganium is kind of like this guy:
http://goo.gl/WQda2
Yeah, he's wearing some pretty loud pink. Wanna know why? 'Cause he can pull that off. 'Cause he has no reason to be insecure. Make fun of him. I dare you. He will rip you to shreds. That's Meganium.
#24jayman7Posted 6/27/2013 3:32:53 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
jayman7 posted...
the worst Fire starter line.

Forgot Tepig.

Nnnnope.
---
#25jayman7Posted 6/27/2013 3:33:40 PM
HardHorseJam posted...

It's just some guys insecure about their masculinity worried that it looks kind of "girly" and that they'll be teased for liking it because they're in middle school. They fail to realize that Meganium is kind of like this guy:
Yeah, he's wearing some pretty loud pink. Wanna know why? 'Cause he can pull that off. 'Cause he has no reason to be insecure. Make fun of him. I dare you. He will rip you to shreds. That's Meganium.

My reasons for disliking Meganium have nothing to do with the color pink. I just don't like him.
---
#26HemerukioPosted 6/27/2013 3:35:45 PM
Nope, I'd say this gen has them all beat. Don't get me wrong, Cyndaquil and its line are my favorite Pokemon, but in terms of overall trios... each gen has at least one bad apple that brings the others down.

Gen 1 - None of them are bad, but they're all kinda... meh and plain for my tastes.
Gen 2 - Chikorita heavily brings down the other two amazing starters in gen 2.
Gen 3 - Treecko and Torchic are great, but that f***ing Mudkip...
Gen 4 - Chimchar and Piplup? Cool! You've got this. You've got- oh... Turtwig. Okay.
Gen 5 - Snivy, yes. Oshawott, HELL YES! Tepig... eh. Not great.

But gen 6... Fennekin's the snuggliest fox ever, Froakie's a baller and Chespin's smile just can't do anything but brighten my day. All of them are all aesthetically pleasing and I predict they'll have power to match such awesomeness.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#27Twilight_SonataPosted 6/27/2013 3:39:56 PM
jayman7 posted...
My reasons for disliking Meganium have nothing to do with the color pink.

I never tried to imply that it did. I tried to imply that most people hating on it (whether they admit it or not or even realize it or not) just do so because they think they're supposed to because some aspects of it are perceived as feminine, which is a threat to their facial hair that's just starting to come in. That or they just have terrible taste. Whatever.
#28Great_ReapettePosted 6/27/2013 3:41:34 PM
Hemerukio posted...
Gen 3 - Treecko and Torchic are great, but that f***ing Mudkip...

i herd u dun liek mudkipz

mudkip dun liek dat
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#29PsychoWolfXPosted 6/27/2013 3:42:31 PM
Gen 2 gets my vote.

Totodile is easily my favorite water starter. No one else even comes close

Cyndaquil is equal, maybe even a little better then Charizard

Chickorita....I'm not really f fan of, but it definitely trumps Treeko and Bulbasaur. Third best out of 6 isn't too bad. It's also worth noting that I haven't used a Chickorita since gen 2, I imagine it got quite a lot better in HG/SS
#30JessamesonPosted 6/27/2013 3:48:42 PM
HardHorseJam posted...

I like Meganium, I just don't like Chikorita.