This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

White 1 + White 2

#11squirrel_boyPosted 6/27/2013 6:37:56 PM
ytrewq234 posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
I'm in this same position but with Black. I skipped gen v cuz it just looked crappy tbh.

It wasn't

I dunno. Some of the pokemon looked so uninspired. Ice cream cone, garbage bag, and generic dragon legendaries.

Comparisons to Gen 1 Pokemon aside, there were definitely enough great designs to make up for the bad ones.

I've had my eye on Galvantula.
#12SPDShadowRangerPosted 6/27/2013 7:01:36 PM
Ice Cream cones are awesome...if only they came in Chocolate....
#13VideoGameXVPosted 6/28/2013 1:39:57 AM
squirrel_boy posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
I'm in this same position but with Black. I skipped gen v cuz it just looked crappy tbh.

It wasn't

I dunno. Some of the pokemon looked so uninspired. Ice cream cone, garbage bag, and generic dragon legendaries.

In Gen 1 some of the Pokemon fit into the category of what you called uninspired, for example Exeggcute (a group of eggs), Electrode (an upside down Pokeball with eyes) and Dragonite (generic dragon). I rest my case.
---
Pokemon W2 Friend Code: 4771 6198 2957
#14TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/28/2013 8:45:01 AM
Good luck finishing both of those games before X and Y came out. Hopefully Gen VI won't make the previous games feel as antiquated as Gen V did for me.
#15deadpool848Posted 6/28/2013 8:51:26 AM
squirrel_boy posted...
squirrel_boy posted...

It wasn't

Legendaries were generic? Last i checked I never seen a dragon that looked like either of them, i admit Kyrem looked kinda silly, but still. And as for the ice cream and garbage bag, thats 5 pokemon, if you dont like em, dont catch em XD.

As for the question, I would suggest you play both White and White 2 since the stories are connected and the games are still a bit different from one another in terms of what pokemon you find and what not. I had fun playing through both and the Unova Link feature is pretty cool too (uploading your save file of White 1 into White 2 changes some dialogue in the story and unlocks a few cool features such as catching Ns pokemon.)
#16thiaguinhohpPosted 6/28/2013 8:53:58 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
White 2 is great.
White 1 isn't.

---
Uma Copa Do Mundo com revolucoes e tudo mais? eu apoio!! \o/ #VaiBrasil