This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Longest 1 vs. 1 battle of all time

#1pokemonfreak97Posted 6/27/2013 6:32:15 PM
So, if you didn't know, for all of June (as in, until Sunday), Smogon's "Other Metagame of the Month" is 1 vs. 1. This is exactly what it sounds like; don't know the specifics of the rules but it is fun and usually < 10 turns.

Unless you end up with this. 68 turns between a para-flinch Jirachi with Wish and Recycle as its two other moves (besides the mandatory Iron Head and Thunder Wave) holding a Lum Berry and a Cresselia with Moonlight, Psychic, Ice Beam, and Toxic holding Leftovers; definitely a stall set. Watch on very fast and feel free to skip turns between when Jirachi starts spamming Thunder Wave and about turn 60.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/1v1-36799770

I've had a lot of success with this Jirachi; made it to the mid-1700s in ranking (which I think means "above mediocre"). The most unexpected thing about it is how well it deals with status conditions that aren't STUPID LEECH SEED. Recycle + Lum Berry is great for both stalling status users and just surviving status in general. Also great against anyone who uses Swagger.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#2Whats_Up4444Posted 6/27/2013 6:42:02 PM
Had to read the log for why you was spamming Thunder Wave.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#3Oblivion_HeroPosted 6/27/2013 7:24:50 PM
I like how you said good luck only after paralyzing him, right before going for the paraflinch kill.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#4megamanx1291Posted 6/28/2013 7:25:42 AM
Genius.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#5deadpool848Posted 6/28/2013 7:44:41 AM
I had a battle in the Battle subway where the only pokemon that were left were my skarmory and enemie Amoonguss.

Skarmory: Leftovers
Steel Wing
Toxic
Fly
Protect

Ammongus: Leftovers
Ingrain
Giga Drain
Synthesis
Toxic

Took 1/2 an hour, i literaly had to wait for the ammongus to start struggling because Fly would miss a bunch, steel wing did nothing, and he had so much healing it was just silly.
#6Roc_RaidaPosted 6/28/2013 7:52:58 AM
Whats_Up4444 posted...
Had to read the log for why you was spamming Thunder Wave.

You didn't even need to read the log to know what TC was trying to do.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ