This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best nerf for Stealth Rock?

#11RTC3Posted 6/27/2013 7:20:14 PM
_KGC_ posted...
If you are hit super effectively by rock then you lose 25%, whether it's a double weakness or a 4 time weakness
If you resist rock then you lose 6.25%, whether you resist it by half or a quarter.

---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#12AysanderPosted 6/27/2013 7:44:09 PM
Scott1187 posted...
Seriously, it's fine. And I play the metagame, and I use a UU mono-ice team. So if anyone has a right to complain about it, it's me. But my UU mono-ice team wins about 80% of it's games, and sees SR in about 90% of it's games. If SR was as big a deal as it's made out to be, my ice team would be awful, but it's really not.

People just need to deal with it and work around it.

Thought most SR sets were above UU tier? Unless you're taking a UU team into OU/RU you shouldn't see it much 0.o. Besides, SR only causes problems if you have to switch alot. Ice Type team = your opponents with a 75% dragon team + 1 SR and 1 spinner means they'll be switching.
#13Hero of time1290Posted 6/27/2013 7:52:34 PM
Scott1187 posted...
Seriously, it's fine. And I play the metagame, and I use a UU mono-ice team. So if anyone has a right to complain about it, it's me. But my UU mono-ice team wins about 80% of it's games, and sees SR in about 90% of it's games. If SR was as big a deal as it's made out to be, my ice team would be awful, but it's really not.

People just need to deal with it and work around it.

That's a really flawed attitude to have. You admit yourself that 90% of teams you face you stealth rock. It's too good and too easy to use, and it singlehandedly changes how effective certain type combinations are. Yes, it can be countered, but that doesn't mean it's fine.
#14LazorFistPosted 6/27/2013 8:01:48 PM
Rock types absorb Stealth Rock when they come in.
#15Ether_SwordPosted 6/29/2013 8:06:50 AM
It doesn't need a nerf, I don't use stealth rock nor I have a rapid spinner and I win like 85% of the time. Only time I lose is when I can't find my way around dealing with Jirachi or some of the Djinns.

Stealth Rock isn't banned for a reason. Just cause it's used 90% time doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed, might as well "nerf" Scizor since he is used a lot too according to some of your guys logic.
#16WutengPosted 6/29/2013 8:10:38 AM
Stealth Rock wears off three turns after it's placed

this literally makes sense since the rock will be moved or scattered after the impact on a switch in pokemon
---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#17Yamato_sanPosted 6/29/2013 8:52:29 AM(edited)
Aside from the ridiculously easy set-up and the huge array of Pokemon capable of using it, the thing that most disgusts me about Stealth Rock is that it screws over several Pokemon that were barely being used to begin with, and has only shoved them down to the verge of being outright unusable. I mean, just look at any generation 3 review of a Bug/Flying, Fire/Flying, or Ice/Flying Pokemon, they weren't generally positive even back then (though Ho-oh's constantly remained an exception). And back in generation 3, the worst they had to worry about was Rock Slide, a somewhat inaccurate attack with a, sans the quadruple weakness, mildly average damage output. Though I think the saddest part of all is that, had it not been for Stealth Rock, a lot of these Pokemon might've actually seen some more usage once generation 4 hit (seriously, Diamond/Pearl should've been a godsend to Bug/Flying-types, what with the physical/special split and a wider array of decent Bug attacks being introduced).

Hero of time1290 posted...
Yes, it can be countered

And even then, just barely. Rapid Spinners are very few in number, and they can be blocked by Ghosts (which makes no sense; GameFreak really needs to re-program Rapid Spin so that, regardless of whether or not the opponent is capable of taking damage from it, it still succeeds in its secondary hazard-clearing effect). It doesn't help that any alternative options, aside from being few in number, are extremely situational: you could get lucky with switching in a Pokemon with Magic Bounce, using Magic Coat, or somehow manipulating your opponent into using Defog (which they're unlikely to have anyway; hell, you're far more likely to see the attack come up through a Metronome-user screwing around than to see someone bothering to teach it to a team member).
#18UmuruPosted 6/29/2013 8:56:23 AM
Rock types switching into it should absorb them into their body for a boost or heal. :P
#19AankheinPosted 6/29/2013 9:30:12 AM
If Charizard gets a new ability called "Boulder Melt"

Charizard removes SR from field when he is sent out. Charizard is also immune to Rock-type attacks.
---
Aankhein-e-Tajdar
#20NecroStreak128Posted 6/29/2013 9:32:37 AM
Eh.