This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best nerf for Stealth Rock?

#21MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/29/2013 10:45:23 AM
You know what's stupid about Stealth Rock? It's the ONLY entry hazard that does damage based on SE. That means the Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug are all nerfed (even if just a little) because of Stealth Rock.

And these are all types that don't scream OP either. It's ridiculous!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#22AankheinPosted 6/29/2013 10:49:41 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
You know what's stupid about Stealth Rock? It's the ONLY entry hazard that does damage based on SE. That means the Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug are all nerfed (even if just a little) because of Stealth Rock.

Flying is pretty OP.
---
Aankhein-e-Tajdar
#23yzmanPosted 6/29/2013 11:05:11 AM

To be fair, the only other ones are spikes, which only one does direct damage. Spikes are normal type, so have no SE. That being said though, do spikes do not very effective damage? If they don't then obviously they don't consider the typing so I would agree to make stealth rock like that. The only issue I see is that there needs to be something that distinguishes it from being superior to spikes in everyway.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#24MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/29/2013 11:07:29 AM
yzman posted...

To be fair, the only other ones are spikes, which only one does direct damage. Spikes are normal type, so have no SE. That being said though, do spikes do not very effective damage? If they don't then obviously they don't consider the typing so I would agree to make stealth rock like that. The only issue I see is that there needs to be something that distinguishes it from being superior to spikes in everyway.

Then I feel that there should be more type-based entry hazards if SR's not gonna go.

Like Stealth Ice (yes, I know it's been mentioned countless times).
---
#25UmuruPosted 6/29/2013 11:23:06 AM
yzman posted...

Spikes is a Ground type attack, isn't it? That's why they are avoided by Flying types and Levitate Pokemon. Of course, they have to be used three times in order to have maximum damage and they don't hit weaknesses...
#26frozenphantomPosted 6/29/2013 11:45:11 AM
Introduce additional, nonstacking hazards of other types. Force a player to choose a hazard that best fits their particular team. Charizard can switch into stealth flames just fine. It still gives a strong hazard play without overcentralizing rocks. Instead of SR being in 90% of matches, we maybe see them in 30%, with other hazards like filling the rest.

Also give better hazard removal, perhaps an ability that rapid spins upon switch (but after the damage). Or increase Rapid spin availability or add another move that can remove against ghosts. Diversifying and providing counterplay will improve the strategy and fun of hazards, rather than nerfing it until it is no longer useful.
---
3DS FC: 3883-5243-9551
#27MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/29/2013 11:48:59 AM
frozenphantom posted...
Introduce additional, nonstacking hazards of other types. Force a player to choose a hazard that best fits their particular team. Charizard can switch into stealth flames just fine. It still gives a strong hazard play without overcentralizing rocks. Instead of SR being in 90% of matches, we maybe see them in 30%, with other hazards like filling the rest.

Also give better hazard removal, perhaps an ability that rapid spins upon switch (but after the damage). Or increase Rapid spin availability or add another move that can remove against ghosts. Diversifying and providing counterplay will improve the strategy and fun of hazards, rather than nerfing it until it is no longer useful.

YES!
---
#28Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/29/2013 11:51:35 AM
I honestly think paraflinch is worse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#29bd43Posted 6/29/2013 12:01:17 PM
I said something else, but largely because it should be the focus of a number of nerfs.

Rock types absorb - They're rarely carried to begin with, but it's a mild change.

An ability or two given to some flying/heavy/fire/ground Pokemon that destroys all spikes on entry.

Minor damage reduction.

Can't stack with spikes of another type.

A new type of spikes.

And maybe not all of these, but certainly one or two.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#30CharizardFirePosted 6/29/2013 2:12:55 PM
"Stealth rock is simply made into a floating version of spikes"

Best option. Spikes isn't broken.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif