This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardest Gym Leader for each Gen. IYO

#1BerserkFury8533Posted 6/27/2013 8:00:09 PM
1st Gen: Sabrina (Blue & Red)

By far the hardest at that point in the game, level 43 Alakazam are you *%&^ serious!(Psychic Pokemon were OP)...At that point my highest level pokemon was 38. I had to skip her until after I beat Blaine.

2nd Gen: Clair (Silver & Gold)

I would have said Jasmine, but DragonBreath+smokescreen+Kingdra=annoying as hell, not to mention that all her pokemon kept on paralyzing me with thunderwave.

3rd Gen: Tate & Liza (Emerald)

I didn't take Tag battles seriously until this point, and its the first time i realized how tough it can be to take down two pokemon (Solrock & Lunatone) that work so well together.

4th Gen: Fantina (Rematch)

4th Gen was easy as hell no gym gave me trouble in Diamond and Pearl, but if i had to say one i'd guess I'd say Fatina gave me some trouble when i rematched her.

5th Gen: I didn't play black or white
---
Thought you could take my name, my game, my story, my glory, my fame!
--(Psn: LunaticHighZZZZZ)---
#2Shadow Flare13Posted 6/27/2013 8:07:53 PM
1: Yeah, probably Sabrina. There was no good way to take down Psychics aside from brute force which was hard to do because her levels were pretty high.

2: Whitney when I was a kid. Most other gyms weren't too bad, though on the odd occasion I didn't pick or use Cyndaquil, Bugsy's Scyther could be tough, namely in the remakes.

3: Liz and Tate. I've never finished Gen III, but those two ended one of my Nuzlocke's. Wiped out my ENTIRE team.

4: No one really. I guess Roark can be tough because Cranidos packs a hell of a punch, especially that early in the game.

5: Lenora if you didn't pick up one of the Fighting types, which I never did (aside from Pignite) because they are all ugly. Watchog is annoying with Hypnosis and that first Retaliate pretty much rips apart anything not named Roggenrola.
#3MrMahoPosted 6/27/2013 8:12:57 PM
1st gen: Misty

I didn't have anything that was super effective against her at the time, so it made it a bit difficult for me.

2nd gen: Whitney

Do I even need to explain why?

3rd gen: Brawly

I always got screwed by him because I never had a Psychic or Flying-type move...and then I realized how much I loved Ralts and Combusken when I replayed the game.

4th gen: Crasher Wake

Didn't really have a difficult leader in this generation buuut, he did win a few times due to the lack of Electric and Grass moves.

5th gen: Lenora

Her and that Watchog...she always made my Pokemon fall asleep and then destroyed them </3.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#4WilhuffTarkinPosted 6/27/2013 8:13:44 PM
The only gym leader who I always dreaded was Erika, back in Gen 1's Celadon City.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#5Genericgamer667Posted 6/27/2013 8:21:38 PM
1. Sabrina cause psychic types were broken as hell back then

2. Whitney and her Miltank until i got a machop

3. Norman, even with Traunt throwing a pokemon with over 150 attack at that point is NOT pretty. not to mention 2 of them

4. dunno here, maybe Fantina

5. Lenora because of her watchog

normal type gym leaders seem to be the worst
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#6Thepenguinking2Posted 6/27/2013 8:27:49 PM
1. I dunno. Probably Sabrina, since she's psychic type (If I remember right)
2.Whitney. Do I even need to explain?
3. Was not familiar with Gen 3 gym leaders.
4. Probably the ice type leader, whatever her name was...
5.Clay. Dat excadrill.
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013: 1
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#7MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/27/2013 8:33:43 PM
1st Gen Yep, definitely Sabrina and her OP Psychic types.

2nd Gen Whitney? OF COURSE!

3rd Gen Norman, no doubt. Both his Slaking and that Vigoroth gave me sooo much trouble..even though I already Blaziken then.

4th Gen Roarke. I never liked using either Turtwig or Budew...

5th Gen Lenora. That damn Retaliate and what seems to be a 100% accuracy with her Watchog's Hypnosis. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. -__-
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 6/27/2013 8:37:38 PM
Gen I: Yellow Sabrina.
Gen II: Either Clair (for Dragon-types) or Whitney (for the Miltank).
Gen III: Norman with his Slaking or Tate and Liza in Emerald.
Gen IV: None, really.
Gen V: Lenora.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#9petemidnight13Posted 6/27/2013 9:08:09 PM
1 - Sabrina. OP psychics.

2 - Whitney. That Miltank.

3 - Norman and his Slakings. Nearly wiped me.

4 - None. All were too easy. Cynthia, on the other hand..

5 - Either Lenora or Drayden. Probably Lenora.

5.5 - Drayden. Once he got off a Dragon Dance on his Haxorus, something he would manage, I was doomed. Only one who took me more than two tries.
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#10OsrangerPosted 6/27/2013 9:36:45 PM
Gen 2: Whitney. Die Miltank die!

Gen 3: Tate and Liza (emerald). Aggron+Minun+Blaziken+Swellow=death by Claydol. I went flat broke. Never beat gen 3.

Gen 4: Maylene: for the life of me, I couldn't figure out Lucario's secondary type and afterwards I had to grind a ponyta on a rainy route.

Gen 5: Lenora I guess. I really hate most of the pokemon of gen 5. I only wanted to use Dewott up until that point and had a bunch of underleveled pokemon.
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?