This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which main Pokemon game do you rank #1 as your all time favorite in the series?

#11JoJoX200Posted 6/28/2013 1:38:37 AM
It's between Platinum with its huge content and RBY/GSC for their really watered down pickup-and-play feeling. In case you don't know what I mean: I love the Gen 1 and 2 games for the sole reason that they are not fancy at all and thus play way faster. You can start battling and training in Red in like 5 minutes, while in Platinum it takes about 15 minutes to even be able to move without the next event being around the corner.
#12dwdwdw6Posted 6/28/2013 1:42:27 AM
The noble metal Platinum.
#13SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 4:04:49 AM
Emerald, Platinum, HS/SS, Black 2/White 2, what do all these games have in common? Ten points to whoever gets it.
#14XazealPosted 6/28/2013 4:05:57 AM
Platinum.

Emerald is a close second.
#15BurningFlareXPosted 6/28/2013 4:08:36 AM
SH076UNNER posted...
Emerald, Platinum, HS/SS, Black 2/White 2, what do all these games have in common? Ten points to whoever gets it.

They are all improved versions of the original games.
Emerald > Ruby / Sapphire.
Platinum > Diamond / Pearl
HG/SS > Gold / Silver
BW2 > BW1.
---
I hate everything.
#16zane0144Posted 6/28/2013 4:21:52 AM
Emerald, then BW and GSC.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#17Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/28/2013 4:24:18 AM
the distortion world portion of the game was terrible. it was much more straight forward in DP where all i do is fight cyrus then catch dialga/palkia. i didnt have to run around like an imbecile in an area with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#18spooky96Posted 6/28/2013 4:37:23 AM(edited)
Old generations getting low votes and the new games getting much higher votes suggesting nothing but very young kids voting here who weren't at that time when they were released, and when the kids play the old games the say eww the graphics sound is so bad. So this proves all the age poll results are nothing but many kids lying to hide their age.

I'm not saying it is impossible to like the newer generations more than the old ones. Many people do. I myself put B2 my #2 favorite Pokemon game. I'm just saying what is widely considered. Example can be here from the site itself. In a games Contest Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow can probably beat the winner of "Game of The Decade" winner, Majora's Mask, while the newer Pokemon games would get beaten easily. So just saying the wider opinion - R/B/Y, G/SC are liked much more than the newer generations. Even sales agree so.

Of course for posting this people will bash me and say nostalgia idiotic kid, but oh well.
#19XazealPosted 6/28/2013 4:47:12 AM
spooky96 posted...
Old generations getting low votes and the new games getting much higher votes suggesting nothing but very young kids voting here who weren't at that time when they were released, and when the kids play the old games the say eww the graphics sound is so bad. So this proves all the age poll results are nothing but many kids lying to hide their age.

I'm not saying it is impossible to like the newer generations more than the old ones. Many people do. I myself put B2 my #2 favorite Pokemon game. I'm just saying what is widely considered. Example can be here from the site itself. In a games Contest Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow can probably beat the winner of "Game of The Decade" winner, Majora's Mask, while the newer Pokemon games would get beaten easily. So just saying the wider opinion - R/B/Y, G/SC are liked much more than the newer generations. Even sales agree so.

Of course for posting this people will bash me and say nostalgia idiotic kid, but oh well.

Pokemon was bigger back then. A lot of people don't play Pokemon anymore, so RBY is all they know.

Also, for their time, RBY were amazing. Personally, I judge the games based on today's standards. If I were to judge them based on how amazing they were upon release, then yeah, RBY would win - that's what the sales reflect. Today, they are severely outdated.
#20robbiedbeePosted 6/28/2013 5:06:53 AM
I voted G/S/C. When I first played it, I still had the youthful na´vetÚ and enthusiasm as I did when I first played R/B/Y. But G/S/C took the series so much further, and introduced so many cool new features that are important parts of the series still.
---
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/funny%20gifs/grand/80873734funny_gif.gif