This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should there be downloadable new pokemon released during gen 6?

#1paiprPosted 6/28/2013 11:58:26 AM
read full message before you vote please - Results (42 votes)
yes, please, oh please
9.52% (4 votes)
sure
14.29% (6 votes)
meh
11.9% (5 votes)
no thank you
33.33% (14 votes)
no no no no (insert office meme) id rather wait till the next gen.
30.95% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
im not talking about event legendaries. and im also not talking about them only release 50 new pokemon in x and y, and then more untill gen 7. im saying they release the normal amount (say 100ish new pokemon with out holding back anything save event legendaries) and then as we go through gen six perhaps they continue to create new pokemon which they let us download (for free) and in the download it puts them in the wild in various places in gen 6 games.

would you be ok with this, if not why not, if yes then what do you hope for?
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#2NewbieN00bPosted 6/28/2013 12:04:47 PM
Depends on the cost... and it would kinda cause compatibility issues.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#3petemidnight13Posted 6/28/2013 12:06:31 PM
No, just let us buy access to the old regions and I'll be fine.
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#4bd43Posted 6/28/2013 12:08:53 PM
No. It'd be okay to go backwards if there is no backwards compatibility. Maybe an extra adventure and high end opponents.

But the issue with new Pokemon as DLC is the already slow release of Pokemon. We have just over 600 Pokemon in 224 months.

I know they keep it a little slower to drag it out, but a 100 Pokemon would probably still take 3-6 months and would hardly be great for DLC.

Having said that, I think they should rush to 1000 Pokemon for the 20th anniversary, so.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#5paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 12:20:13 PM
NewbieN00b posted...

Compatubility issues? If its free dlc for all gen 6 games then compatibility would only be an issue when dealing with those pokemon havent been downloaded.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#6petemidnight13Posted 6/28/2013 12:22:34 PM
paipr posted...
NewbieN00b posted...

Compatubility issues? If its free dlc for all gen 6 games then compatibility would only be an issue when dealing with those pokemon havent been downloaded.

Lack of usable Wi-Fi can cause it. IIRC, you have to use a specific type of security to connect a Nintendo device.
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#7-Unowninator-Posted 6/28/2013 12:23:07 PM
paipr posted...
NewbieN00b posted...

DLC is stored on the SD card, not the game cart itself. Now imagine what would happen if you downloaded the DLC, caught a new Pokémon, and deleted the SD card data?
---
***Please help this game get a greenlight on steam. Thank you. ***
http://www.nitrome.com/steam/flightless/
#891UKGamerPosted 6/28/2013 12:32:45 PM
No thank you. We're probably going to have loads of new pokemon in X & Y when they first come out. I'd say about 120 to 160. It's not a bad idea but it's also not one that we need. Assuming we get DLC, it should be mainly focused on character customization and maybe story or other regions to visit (e.g. Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova etc).
---
---
3DS Friend Code - 0962-9363-1392