This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The good guys won today, Smoron is pretty much dead and no more hacked Pokemon..

#21TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/28/2013 4:04:55 PM(edited)
If there would be a way to alter a Pokemon's IVs in-game, people would stop making legal hacks. Maybe you could pay a genetic scientist like 10000 pokedollars to alter one of a single Pokemon's IVs by one.

There would still be the problem of people wanting to clone stuff, but that would be nearly solved if event exclusive moves, items, and Pokemon were obtainable infinitely, and you could use a New Game+ to capture a legendary again. I've wanted a New Game+ for forever for many other reasons anyway.
#22crunchy612Posted 6/28/2013 4:12:59 PM
Derp on Ninten's part. Hacked, but legal pokemon are totally unrecognizable when compared to a hatched, 100% legit pokemon.

If they mean hacks like 500 EVs on each pokemon or a new ability and whatnot, well doesn't BW2's wifi filter already prevent this anyway...?

I dunno guys, tbh. Personally i'd wait to see the scope of this new measure before completely dismissing or accepting it.
---
Dota life's good when you play supports. ^_^
My FF Type-0 obssession is BACK! http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dr3ijdud1r569y6o1_500.gif
#23Guardian_ShadowPosted 6/28/2013 4:25:21 PM
That's great. Now, when they make it so people can't ask for level 9 Zekrom's or Reshiram's on the GTS, I'll be happy.
---
Note: Having a different opinion than you =/= Trolling.
Black 2 FC: 5287-2190-1998
#24LexifoxPosted 6/28/2013 4:27:55 PM
This is stupid.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25SalsaSavantPosted 6/28/2013 4:32:06 PM
"Good guys."

WAAAH. People enjoy the game in a way I don't like. WAAAH.
That's what you sound like.

Also, this is the same policy Gamefreak always had.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 6/28/2013 4:33:29 PM
Guardian_Shadow posted...
That's great. Now, when they make it so people can't ask for level 9 Zekrom's or Reshiram's on the GTS, I'll be happy.

FREAKING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#27petemidnight13Posted 6/28/2013 4:36:21 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Guardian_Shadow posted...

FREAKING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even better, an Ignore button to take off ones who request legendaries of any level. It gets to be rather annoying after a while.
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#28KeeperOfShadowsPosted 6/28/2013 4:39:55 PM(edited)
should anyone be found using what it calls an "illegal Pokémon" at a tournament they will automatically be disqualified and will not be able to compete in any future events.

Um.. so what happens if they can't tell the pokemon are hacked? Or if the player goes to tournaments other than theirs? This really doesn't seem that special...

"You get caught cheating, you get banned" seems to be all they're saying. Seems pretty normal to me...
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#29kaonohiokalaPosted 6/28/2013 4:40:45 PM
There was nothing conclusive in that article.

Hackers don't hack illegal Pokemon mentioned in that article, and majority of the top VGC players still have their Pokemon created through out-of-game methods. Nothing's changed.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#30SteaIth_Rock(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 1:41:05 PM
You guys are just mad that Nintendo is winning and you can't hack anymore.

I just hope now that Nintendo does something about those simulators, they need to be shut down.
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.