This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The good guys won today, Smoron is pretty much dead and no more hacked Pokemon..

#81overmaxxPosted 7/2/2013 8:38:50 PM
Wings of Forte posted...
overmaxx posted...
Wings of Forte posted...
Honestly, I've only used software to obtain event Pokemon that I've missed and nothing like AR. I'm not going to use it to give myself perfect IV Pokemon and I'm not going to use any of the event Pokemon in official tournaments. That is the limit that put on myself. I also won't be trading them out to others across WiFi because I realize what duping does to the multiplayer community.

But people like you are dime a dozen.
Most simply don't understand the impact of what they are doing.

"Dime a dozen" would mean most people. It's a phrase for something so common it's worth very little. Which incidentally is what duping does to virtual commodities.

Oh, right.

I meant to say people like that are very rare.
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#82ClassyOldHatPosted 7/2/2013 9:11:07 PM
I get really tired of seeing people who don't understand how the IV system works berate hackers for "not working" for their Pokemon.

Tell me, what skills have you demonstrated by walking 5200x(Insert number of times the game's random number generator decides you will not receive a pokemon of the correct gender, ability, nature, or IVs) steps in-game more than a hacker has?

Seriously. What skills, or strategic ability, have you displayed?

This is why some hackers hack to skip breeding, even if they EV train and level grind the old fashioned way. Breeding, as currently implemented is not only extremely luck-based system that is not intrinsically rewarding in any way, but it's also set up in such a way that the most efficient way to breed pokemon is to stop playing the game as you normally would: Don't battle, don't play pokethon/contests/musicals, don't catch Pokemon, don't trade with other players, don't even go shopping! Doing any of these activities while trying to breed Pokemon will only result in a bunch of eggs filling your party, hindering normal gameplay, while not reducing the number of steps needed.

The only thing you can do simultaneously while hatching without stopping the step counter from going down is exploring the world map for hidden items. And if you already have all of those, then all you can do is walk back and forth.

For people complaining that hacking gives a huge advantage on the EV training and level grinding fronts, remember this: BW2 lets you all but skip EV training if you opt to buy vitamins and gym training, and an oversight with breeders in the stadium will let legit players get infinite Rare Candy through winning a short battle against a team of baby pokemon. So you can put together a pokemon in 15 minutes too.
#83SteaIth_Rock(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 1:49:03 PM
overmaxx posted...
Wings of Forte posted...
Honestly, I've only used software to obtain event Pokemon that I've missed and nothing like AR. I'm not going to use it to give myself perfect IV Pokemon and I'm not going to use any of the event Pokemon in official tournaments. That is the limit that put on myself. I also won't be trading them out to others across WiFi because I realize what duping does to the multiplayer community.

But people like you are dime a dozen.
Most simply don't understand the impact of what they are doing.

>dime a dozen

Lmao
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#84Rogue MuttPosted 7/3/2013 1:56:11 PM
This sounds exactly like what they have done up until now. Am i missing something?

Plus that part about battling against a hacked pokemon somehow bricking your own game is totally baseless. I can understand being against hacks in competitive play, but there is no need to spread misinformation.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#85Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/3/2013 1:58:53 PM
Rogue Mutt posted...
This sounds exactly like what they have done up until now. Am i missing something?

Plus that part about battling against a hacked pokemon somehow bricking your own game is totally baseless. I can understand being against hacks in competitive play, but there is no need to spread misinformation.

This.

All of this.

People ranting about bull **** they don't understand again. Welcome to Pokemon fanbase, where only 1% understand the truth or information they speak about. (Such as Rogue Mutt) there is still some faith in me.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#86BerserkLeonPosted 7/3/2013 1:59:27 PM
Rogue Mutt posted...

They must think the pokegods are still relevant
#87lulzacePosted 7/7/2013 3:53:57 AM
plox tell me this accounts for the ppl who got the pokemon legit, but changed the IV's?
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#88DutchKrakenPosted 7/7/2013 4:55:29 AM
Smogon isn't that much the issue, since it's just a website that gives Pokémon movesets, ow wow, that's such a big deal! Their rules might even make the game a little more balanced as well, so I like them, but sometimes feel they are going overboard with some (Evasion Clause, OHKO Clauses)

Other then that, I only agree that hacked pokémon should be illegal in tournaments, and no! I do not care how long it requires you to train them, and that you lack the time in doing so. If you are honestly that bad in training them, you might want to stop playing pokémon the games and focus on pokémon showdown (which is fine)

That said, I still think GF should have some things they really need to work on. First of all, the IV's, they are WAAAY to random and cannot be changed at all after catching it (even legendaries). 1 way is as somebody else put it, is a IV-manipulator somewhere in the world, this would fix even the most issues, I don't care what process you need to go through, as long as you can do it repetitively it's fine for me.

Another is the GTS, I had a very annoying time finding a Zorua back then, and finally found one for a decent trade, but I had to go through a series of lv9 Reshiram/Zekrom. At least make it that the only options appear, are those that have requirements you can meet, the game can instantly scan if you have a lv9 Reshiram or lower and then if you don't have it, that person will not be appearing in the list. GTS, fixed...

TL;DR Version:
Learn to train a Pokémon or don't play Pokémon at all!
---
X360: QuakeNLD - Steam: kraken.nld
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 (PC) - Waiting: Watchdogs (PS4), Pokemon X/Y (3DS)
#89NewbieN00bPosted 7/7/2013 5:23:08 AM
DutchKraken posted...

TL;DR Version:
Learn to train a Pokémon or don't play Pokémon at all!

lol isn't that pretty much every non hardcore pokemon player?
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#90WutengPosted 7/7/2013 5:51:39 AM
not possible unless no more trading for 5th gen
---
Max 2380-3218-5410