This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you get your first Pokemon when you turn 10

#1andrewx72Posted 6/28/2013 4:35:43 PM
Then why do preschoolers have Pokémon in Black/White(2)?
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773
#2LexifoxPosted 6/28/2013 4:36:05 PM
Because this rule is exclusive to the anime.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3RDS1Posted 6/28/2013 4:42:04 PM
That's like asking why teenagers can get drunk when they're not allowed to drink alcohol until they're 21.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#4ZTIger5Posted 6/28/2013 4:43:37 PM
Lexifox posted...
Because this rule is exclusive to the anime.

That, and in most cases they get their pokemon from their parents.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 6/28/2013 4:44:28 PM
Because parents like to indulge their children.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#6andrewx72(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 4:45:25 PM
Oh.
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773
#7Nil_NuanePosted 6/28/2013 4:46:25 PM
What I found weird is not the fact that preschoolers have pokemon, but some of their pokemon are extremely strong, like above level 60. They must have gym leader parents or something.
#8AysanderPosted 6/28/2013 4:49:14 PM
Because the rule is exclusive to the Anime....

They basically made that rule to pull an Oda w/o being as hypocritical as Oda (One Piece author) I.E. claiming that One Piece would have no romance involved in it, and yet Hancock is madly in love with Luffy (confirmed) and several times in the anime it's strongly hinted at that Nami has some extent of feelings for him (fan speculation based on scenes like the Arlong fight and nearly every time luffy "dies" to enemies like Lucci and Crocodile).

Honestly think the whole point of keeping Ash 10 is to keep Shippers quiet (Although it fails miserably. Especially when they make his companions the same age as him >.>). I mean, most of the Game protags, save Red, are clearly at least a year if not six over 10. Then you have the gym leaders...which voids ANY attempts to keep Shippers silent. And arguably, Shippers are worse in Japan than in the US or Europe. XD
#9Ultima546Posted 6/28/2013 4:50:20 PM
Nil_Nuane posted...
What I found weird is not the fact that preschoolers have pokemon, but some of their pokemon are extremely strong, like above level 60. They must have gym leader parents or something.

Max is one of the worst trainers in the anime.

Also, Tate and Liza.
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.
#10LexifoxPosted 6/28/2013 4:52:15 PM
Aysander posted...
Because the rule is exclusive to the Anime....

They basically made that rule to pull an Oda w/o being as hypocritical as Oda (One Piece author) I.E. claiming that One Piece would have no romance involved in it, and yet Hancock is madly in love with Luffy (confirmed) and several times in the anime it's strongly hinted at that Nami has some extent of feelings for him (fan speculation based on scenes like the Arlong fight and nearly every time luffy "dies" to enemies like Lucci and Crocodile).

I interpreted that as the series staying about action and comedy and not being about relationships. Boa's clearly in love in Luffy, but he's too... Luffy to do anything about it, and sexual and romantic attractions happen regularly (I'm looking at you, Sanji), but they're never the focus.

Honestly think the whole point of keeping Ash 10 is to keep Shippers quiet (Although it fails miserably. Especially when they make his companions the same age as him >.>). I mean, most of the Game protags, save Red, are clearly at least a year if not six over 10. Then you have the gym leaders...which voids ANY attempts to keep Shippers silent. And arguably, Shippers are worse in Japan than in the US or Europe. XD

Ten is still a weird age because Red was said to be eleven in Gen 1. I highly doubt that extra age would make much of a difference, and I can't imagine that they'd care about shippers at all.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod