This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Pokemon were real, then how would you catch anything?

#1werewolfymanPosted 6/28/2013 7:49:06 PM
Seriously, outside of stuff like Lillipup, how would one realistically catch a bird made of fire, much less a larvitar?

Think about it, Larvitar can destroy mountains, and Tyranitar is extremely protective.
How would you even get close enough without being torn to a million shreds?
Even if you did catch a Larvitar, how would you control it?
A tackle from Pupitar could break anybody's neck easily.

Lets say you actually manage to catch Moltres.
How would you ride it?
What would you do with it?
Wouldn't it just burn you the second you let it out of the ball?

Also, how do I caught Arceus.

Discuss
#2ILoveallgames1Posted 6/28/2013 8:16:41 PM
Well firstly, not to be a dick, but I think you may have mixed up Larvitar and Tyrannitar.

Now, I know you said real life but is it anything comparable to say the show? Because if so, then perhaps Pokemon with fire on their bodies etc. can control the temperature or burnability or whatever (I know that's not a word).

However, if it's not like the show and more realistic and practical, if you will, then there would be companies out their that would jump on merchandising for that stuff. Can't think of a company that would make it but say "Get your flame retardant saddle and jumpsuit and ride your Moltres today!". I would bet that cell phone companies would take over the communicators and Apple and Microsoft would probably take on making pokeballs.
---
X-Box live GT- DragonSanctuary
"You just got head...shot by a gay guy."-Me in Gears Of War
#3Hierarchy225Posted 6/28/2013 8:19:35 PM(edited)
If Pokemon existed in real life humanity would have been destroyed a LONG time ago. Hell I doubt our ancestors would have lived long enough to evolve to what we are now.

Planet of the Pokemon.
---
The Official Volcarona of the Pokemon X Board
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3139-7919-7799
#4ILoveallgames1Posted 6/28/2013 8:20:35 PM
For Arceus, he's considered the God of pokemon so I don't really think you'd be able to catch him. Or see him for that matter. Same with some of the other legendaries. And for Rayquaza, they could have contests for commercial flights into the ozone to have a go at catching him maybe.
---
X-Box live GT- DragonSanctuary
"You just got head...shot by a gay guy."-Me in Gears Of War
#5Hierarchy225Posted 6/28/2013 8:21:46 PM
ILoveallgames1 posted...
For Arceus, he's considered the God of pokemon so I don't really think you'd be able to catch him. Or see him for that matter. Same with some of the other legendaries. And for Rayquaza, they could have contests for commercial flights into the ozone to have a go at catching him maybe.

That would be an idiotic idea for a contest in rl. People would die for sure.
---
#6EmeraldRangePosted 6/28/2013 8:22:18 PM
Rewind time to before electricity. "If electricity could happen, how would you control it? Wouldn't it just zap everybody?"
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#7Hierarchy225Posted 6/28/2013 8:23:56 PM
EmeraldRange posted...
Rewind time to before electricity. "If electricity could happen, how would you control it? Wouldn't it just zap everybody?"

Electricity isn't sentient, isn't capable of thinking, and it isn't capable of wanting to kill something.

No comparison.
---