This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you're the writer of the Pokemon anime, what will do to the series?

#1GangstaLizard95Posted 6/28/2013 9:04:33 PM
Something like Rotation teams, captures, development, story arcs, etc.

Discuss!
#2werewolfymanPosted 6/28/2013 9:09:13 PM
Make it suck less.
#3FuneralCakePosted 6/28/2013 9:09:16 PM
Ash dies in a fire.

All the old characters die in a blizzard.

Ash comes back to life and then dies again in the blizzard.

Then I make shorter, more concentrated seasons with 13 or 26 episodes, focusing on the protagonists of the games instead of Ash (who is dead). No stupid filler, no stupid stupid stuff. No Pikachu. No Charizard. No Ash (because he's dead).

Also I would violently murder Ash in his sleep.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#4AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/28/2013 9:10:22 PM
Bad hentai
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#5wind64aPosted 6/28/2013 9:11:00 PM
I'd have Ash actually win a Pokémon League and then enter the Champion League. Then I'd make a new protagonist, probably based on the MC for the current generation. We'd occasionally get news about how Ash is doing, but he'd be in the background. Eventually the new protagonist would have to battle Ash as a validation of new over old characters but only after completing the league challenge. Kind of like how Gold had to battle Red as a postgame event. I'd also make him/her start out new, but not incompetent. This would allow a cycle of the new protagonist having to overcome the past, and validate him/her in the eyes of the fans of the older one. It would also allow time to move foreword, and allow Ash to finally age.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#6trewerdPosted 6/28/2013 9:15:29 PM
I'd let Ash win. That's right, Ash would finally win a big tournament, get recognition by his peers, and finally reach his dream.

That way, they can start on a new Pokemon series with a new protagonist. Or they can start adapting the Pokemon mangas, maybe even create an anime similar to what we saw in the BW2 trailers.
---
I like English dubs.
Waiting for Tales of Xillia, Project X Zone, PhoeniX Wright 5, and Pokemon X
#7petemidnight13Posted 6/28/2013 9:16:19 PM
wind64a posted...
I'd have Ash actually win a Pokémon League and then enter the Champion League. Then I'd make a new protagonist, probably based on the MC for the current generation. We'd occasionally get news about how Ash is doing, but he'd be in the background. Eventually the new protagonist would have to battle Ash as a validation of new over old characters but only after completing the league challenge. Kind of like how Gold had to battle Red as a postgame event. I'd also make him/her start out new, but not incompetent. This would allow a cycle of the new protagonist having to overcome the past, and validate him/her in the eyes of the fans of the older one. It would also allow time to move foreword, and allow Ash to finally age.

Sure, sounds good. Wynaut?
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#8PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/28/2013 9:23:41 PM
Have each game bring forth a new story arc revolving around a different Ash and Pikachu for each new game. Ever seen Jojo's Bizzare Adventure? Like that.

This way older characters don't get shafted in favor of marketing for no reason, no character or arc suffers from being forgotten, and the kids can still keep thier the precious Ash/Pikachu without out each one needing to be developed over a period of 5 years without it being ridiculous.

Having a saga where Ash and Pikachu win the league, and the next saga following another universe in which a wilder and older Ash and Pikachu going up against a group inspired by greek legends that want to take over the world? Or the arc after that being set in the city with another Ash befriending a Pikachu in the suburbs of Honnen, having to balance school life and getting caught up in the plans of Team Aqua/Magma and deciding on taking on the league challenge at the end with the results being open ended?

It's amazing they don't just do THIS instead.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#9LightningAce11Posted 6/28/2013 9:25:24 PM
Follow the manga.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#10hiphops_saviorPosted 6/28/2013 9:26:59 PM
Split the protagonists, have multiple storylines per episode (eg. Iris' journey to become Unova Champion, Ash challenging the Inigo Plateau, and Cilan traveling to become stronger on his own).

At the same time, introduce new characters, each with their own motives. Don't be afraid of romance, but at the same time, make the characters appealing and have depth.