This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you're the writer of the Pokemon anime, what will do to the series?

#31EmeraldRangePosted 6/29/2013 6:56:11 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Ash dies in a fire.

All the old characters die in a blizzard.

Ash comes back to life and then dies again in the blizzard.

Then I make shorter, more concentrated seasons with 13 or 26 episodes, focusing on the protagonists of the games instead of Ash (who is dead). No stupid filler, no stupid stupid stuff. No Pikachu. No Charizard. No Ash (because he's dead).

Also I would violently murder Ash in his sleep.

Aww. come on. Don't be a spoilsport. You didn't make him humiliate himself by losing to a Magikarp and then realizing the Pokemon Master was looking at him. The Pokemon Master than sends out a pokemon that uses Fire Blast on Ash and he disables the cheat code that's making Ash immune to all attacks. This turns Ash into a pile of ashes. (and then the blizzard and whatnot)
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#32Ether_SwordPosted 6/29/2013 7:01:16 AM
I would probably follow the manga just like any other anime writer that adapts mangas to animes. Probably would make some changes though obviously.
#33PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/29/2013 7:03:24 AM
Ether_Sword posted...
I would probably follow the manga just like any other anime writer that adapts mangas to animes. Probably would make some changes though obviously.

Not quite. There's plenty of anime that deviate from the source material comics.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#34paiprPosted 6/29/2013 7:07:38 AM
start of episode ash and team are walking down a path pikachu hops off ash's shoulder onto the ground it steps on a odd looking piece of road, and starts to glow!! it was a partially barried thunder stone!

but honestly if i was a writer id start a new series and drop ash and team in the progress. have a show that still showcases pokemon, but has a great story, that may or may not follow the plot of the games. and in it id have the main cast actually catch, and evolve pokemon. it be like for every two battles won they get a level.

and in the league at the end id prob have an older ash show up to battle the new character.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#35erekwashere15Posted 6/29/2013 7:16:55 AM
- No Filler
- the Evil Organization does not care if humans/Pokemon are harmed, they're trying to take over the region/world anyway
- Wild Pokemon are actual threats (like stumbling across a bear out in the middle of a forest. It's not going to scratch and leave, it's gonna keep attacking until it's defeated or you're dead enough to discourage it from wasting anymore of its time on you)

Essentially, Darker and Edgier with a touch more of Realism thrown in
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#36Lucis_FerrePosted 6/29/2013 7:19:27 AM
Give Ash a win with an interesting team, X/Y gives a good chance to do this with Talonflame being a damn cool Obligatory Starting Bird, have it be big, climatic and feed into some closing character development.

Bring in new protagonist for subsequent series, let them develop, grow, give the journey more meaning than LOOK AT DIS POKEYMAN nextepisode, give them a big finish, bring in new cast.

Repeat endlessly while keeping old protagonists in the background around to bring in as mentors/figures/actually reference their achievements.

So...basically Adventures without actually adapting Adventures and exploring different characterizations/Pokemon as well as plots.

It's a big verse, there's plenty to work with.

Likely eventually kill off Oak via old age or something. Dude's gotta die sometime.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#37KosacVPosted 6/29/2013 7:25:44 AM
At the beginning of the series, Ash's mom grounds him until his birthday, and we move to something completely different.

The new anime will have over the top battles, hot-bloodedness, a lot of inner monologue, death is a possibility, and a manly main character who screams, bleeds, and show tears a lot. Oh and half the villains the main character faces won't be using pokemon, the other half are pokemon using pokemon.
---
Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty credible. I guess.
~Placeholder line~
#38Wandering__HeroPosted 6/29/2013 7:27:05 AM
Have Ash win and retire, then make a Pokemon Special anime
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#39SgtCashmerePosted 6/29/2013 8:40:05 AM
Give Ash some, y'know, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
#40RedShadowwwPosted 6/29/2013 9:10:22 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Follow the manga.