This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've done the impossible - I hit 7 Hydro Pumps in a row!!!!!!

#21yzmanPosted 6/29/2013 7:48:42 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
KaitoKaze posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Try zap cannons

Try a OHKO move

On the subject of RNG hacks and OHKO moves... A friend of mine was playing Battle Revolution. He went into one of the coliseums. He found a Walrein. The Walrein hit him with Sheer Cold three times. He dropped his controller and left the room without a word. It was freaking hilarious.

Its known the CPU will cheat the rng

NO ITS NOT KNOWN. The AI does NOT cheat the RNG. How many times are people going to continue to spread this false information?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#22MetleonPosted 6/29/2013 7:51:05 AM
Come back when you MISS 7 Hydro Pumps in a row. .00128% chance of that happening.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#23Defender31415Posted 6/29/2013 8:42:29 AM
When you remove the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...

In all seriousness, there's some epic hax in this topic. The Walrein story takes the cake, though.
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#24DarkDragon386Posted 6/29/2013 8:49:02 AM
yzman posted...
KaitoKaze posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Try zap cannons

Try a OHKO move

On the subject of RNG hacks and OHKO moves... A friend of mine was playing Battle Revolution. He went into one of the coliseums. He found a Walrein. The Walrein hit him with Sheer Cold three times. He dropped his controller and left the room without a word. It was freaking hilarious.

NO ITS NOT KNOWN. The AI does NOT cheat the RNG. How many times are people going to continue to spread this false information?

Try the Battle Haxway
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#25DarkDragon386Posted 6/29/2013 8:53:55 AM(edited)
Also, what's the chance of stone miss missing 8 for 8? I can't find the video of it, but it happened. I put it in another topic somewhere.

Well dang, 2.56 * 10^-6
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#26Great_ReapettePosted 6/29/2013 8:56:43 AM
Once upon a time, I missed twelve times in a row.

They were all Aerial Aces.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#27yzmanPosted 6/29/2013 11:39:27 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
yzman posted...
KaitoKaze posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Try zap cannons

Try a OHKO move

Try the Battle Haxway

You mean the Battle Subway that I have 150 win streak right now in?

And here I thought it was just because after hundreds of battles for these HAX not to happen would be impossible.

People have no comprehension of probability. They always assume that 70% means they should almost always hit, or that 7 hydro pumps in a row is ridiculous. 20% is not a bad probability.

People have proven the AI does not get preferential RNG. You only remember it because it takes the AI doing it once during your streak to make you lose and for you to remember while the AI doesn't care how often they get screwed over by it.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#28DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/29/2013 12:45:20 PM
yzman posted...
People have proven the AI does not get preferential RNG. You only remember it because it takes the AI doing it once during your streak to make you lose and for you to remember while the AI doesn't care how often they get screwed over by it.

Then why is my luck always better in multiplayer than in the Haxway?
---
Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the King Nook. He ask me to leave.
#29yzmanPosted 6/29/2013 2:13:59 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
yzman posted...

Then why is my luck always better in multiplayer than in the Haxway?

Because its not. Just because you notice something in your personal experience doesn't make it true. You are also FAR more likely to have considerable more battles in the subway as opposed to multiplayer, making unlikely things more likely to happen.

Then I will also point out the fact that multiplayer often limits "haxy" things for better or worse. For example, evasion boosting, OHKO things etc are banned in multi if you are using "standard" rules while they are allowed in the subway.

Third point, is the amount of pokemon you carry. In multi, you are using 6 pokes, whereas in the subway you are using 3. With 3 pokes, you are more likely to feel the effect of hax, since 1/3 of your team is suffering from it. This is more likely to lead to a loss than if one of your pokes out of 6 is affected by hax.

Lastly, the AI is more likely to use hax moves than people. When a player is battling, they want to rely on luck as little as possible so don't use moves that have low accuracy etc. After all, when doing streaks of even 7 battles, it is very likely that you will miss those moves. The AI doesn't have this problem. They don't care about streak. They only have to get LUCKY ONE TIME to ruin your whole streak. And of course, that one time that they get lucky and get favorable RNG is the time you will remember. You will fail to remember that you have already had 70 matches that went just fine. No, you will remember the one time it didn't work out for you, so obviously the AI cheats.

The proof of cheating is your burden. People have recorded down the hax on both sides after many many battles and guess what? No cheating was found. If you use the same moves and stuff as the AI, you are just as likely to get the results, the player just typically won't take that chance, since they want a streak.
---
#30GoldenSWarriorsPosted 6/29/2013 2:29:57 PM
spoinkspoink posted...
Pfff. Come back when you do the same w/ Focus Blast.

i challenge you to even hit 3 times in a row with focus blast
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif