This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Create a new Pokemon with Wonder Guard

#1Twilight_SonataPosted 6/29/2013 1:23:41 AM
We all know that Wonder Guard is amazing. People talk about other abilities like Levitate, Magic Guard, Multi-Scale, and so on being great, but they just get talked about more because there are more Pokemon with them that are actually viable. Every time somebody asks what ability could make a Pokemon better, Wonder Guard is always presented, and Wonder Guard is an obvious choice for hackers (generally on Spiritomb, but it works wonders on just about anything).

But what if we actually got another real Pokemon with Wonder Guard? What could it be like? What type would it be? What might its stats be like? Why other kind of Pokemon, design-wise, could be deserving of that ability? Well, I'm bored right now, so how about we make some up?

To keep this relatively un-stupid, let's try to lay down a few ground rules about the mechanical side of it (even though I'm far more interested to see what people come up with for the design and concept part of it):
- The type combination must have at least 5 weaknesses, same as Shedinja. This is more than a fourth of existing types but less than a third, so this seems fair. You could maybe justify 4 if they're all super common attack types.
- The Pokemon's BST can be no more than 300. Significantly better than Shedinja but unlikely to be Uber.
- The Pokemon's HP stat can't be above 1, and it can never benefit from its HP EVs, same as Shedinja.
- When in placed in descending order by value, no stat may be more than double the next stat (ignoring HP). This is mostly to limit people from doing stupid, unrealistic stuff like pumping 2 stats to ridiculous heights while leaving everything else at 1.

Okay, so I'll try to go first as an example:

Name: Aroara
Description: These celestial, oarfish-like Pokemon "swim" in the upper atmosphere of the coldest regions. Though small and delicate, they can produce tremendous power, especially when they gather in schools, creating spectacular displays of lights across the sky.
Type: Electric/Ice (weak to Fighting, Fire, Ground, Rock, Steel)
HP: 1
Attack: 25
Defense: 15
SAttack: 110
SDefense: 50
Speed: 95
#2SkylaIsMyWifePosted 6/30/2013 7:34:07 AM
bump
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png