This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

World Hobby Fair Report - Pokemon moves

#41MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/29/2013 10:32:01 AM
Froakie used Bounce, huh? Interesting...
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#42reaverzPosted 6/29/2013 11:39:04 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Not really, considering that Politoed, Toxicroak, and Seismitoed can all learn Bounce as well.

I think that it's more interesting that Lapras can now use Scald. Hopefully it means that all Water/Ice Pokemon can now learn Scald. It was one of those silly GameFreak limitations based on "logic" in Gen V.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#43LexifoxPosted 6/29/2013 11:50:12 AM
reaverz posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Not really, considering that Politoed, Toxicroak, and Seismitoed can all learn Bounce as well.

I think that it's more interesting that Lapras can now use Scald. Hopefully it means that all Water/Ice Pokemon can now learn Scald. It was one of those silly GameFreak limitations based on "logic" in Gen V.

You think it's silly that there's a "boiling water" attack that Ice Pokemon can't use?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#44reaverzPosted 6/29/2013 1:05:00 PM
Lexifox posted...
You think it's silly that there's a "boiling water" attack that Ice Pokemon can't use?

I think that it's silly that a Water Pokemon can't learn a Water-type move, yes, even if there's "logic" in it. It's even worse when you consider that Water/Ice Pokemon are inherently worse off than pure Water-type Pokemon by virtue of their Ice typing, so the fact that their Ice typing is what's preventing them from learning what's arguably the best Water-type move in the game is quite the kicker.

I think all Water-types should be able to learn Scald, Ice-type be damned.
---
#45LexifoxPosted 6/29/2013 1:06:44 PM
reaverz posted...
Lexifox posted...

I think that it's silly that a Water Pokemon can't learn a Water-type move, yes, even if there's "logic" in it. It's even worse when you consider that Water/Ice Pokemon are inherently worse off than pure Water-type Pokemon by virtue of their Ice typing, so the fact that their Ice typing is what's preventing them from learning what's arguably the best Water-type move in the game is quite the kicker.

I think all Water-types should be able to learn Scald, Ice-type be damned.

Again, Ice Pokemon learning a heat-focused move.

And technically Water/Ice Pokemon are not inherently worse off for their Ice type. That's just the state of the metagame.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#46scrappybristolPosted 6/29/2013 1:18:06 PM
Were the levels distinguishable?
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#47Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:29:13 PM
scrappybristol posted...

Level 50
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#48reaverzPosted 6/29/2013 1:29:42 PM
Lexifox posted...
Again, Ice Pokemon learning a heat-focused move.

And technically Water/Ice Pokemon are not inherently worse off for their Ice type. That's just the state of the metagame.

Well, do you have a problem with Lapras now being compatible with Scald? I really don't think people would be up in arms about all Water/Ice types learning Scald.

And of course you are right about the metagame defining the Ice type as bad. But then, it also defined the Dragon type as good, sometimes even overpowered, and GameFreak caught on to that themselves (as evidenced by their reason for introducing the Fairy type). It's not a huge stretch to think they may have realized that Ice isn't so great (though it remains to be seen whether or not they do something about it).
---
#49scrappybristolPosted 6/29/2013 1:30:20 PM
Serebii from SPP posted...
scrappybristol posted...

Level 50

I guess that doesn't mean much does it?
---
Blue skidoo, we can too!
#50tsunamisurfer08Posted 6/29/2013 1:31:00 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
What more is it gonna take before you're all convinced that the Pokébeach rumors are right

An official announcement confirming it.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.