This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about a standby mechanic with pokeballs?

#1TaticalWarriorPosted 6/29/2013 7:29:48 AM
During battle, non-active pokemon will be under a passive effect, that varies accordingly to the Poke Ball that the Pokémon is inside.

For example, having a Pikachu inside a Healing Ball, during a battle, but not battling, will heal its status condition after 2 turns in standby.

We can also have active effects that are triggered when the Pokémon swtiches in. For example sending out a Pikachu that was inside a Timer Ball will give it a Speed boost (one level) for one turn.

And so on! Other examples could be:
Master Balls: no effect.
Moon Ball: During Standby, the Poémon will recover 1 PP for every move per turn.
Light Ball: Grants Levitate for the turn that the Pokemon is sent out.
Poké Ball: Heals the Pokémon HP by 1/16 per turn, during standby.
Flash Ball: Decreases the accuracy of the foe Pokémon when your Pokémon is sent our for one turn.
Love Ball: When Pokémon is send out, if the foe Pokémon is of the opposite sex, and from the same egg group, the foe Pokémon becomes infatued.
Mist Ball: When Pokémon withdraws, resets any stats modifications of all Pokémon in the field. Pokémon can't be sent out for two turns, except if it is the last Pokémon in the party.
Repeat Ball: If you have two of the same Pokémon species in your party, the Pokémon inside will receive a random status boost when being sent out.

You can switch the Pokémon's Poké Ball when it reaches maximun happiness, or under some condition, so you are free to customize the party with the desired effects.

I think it would another layer in the gameplay, like Hold Itens.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 6/29/2013 7:33:48 AM
I appreciate your thoughts & efforts but No thanks
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#3paiprPosted 6/29/2013 7:35:21 AM
this would be interesting, make event pokemon or any pokemon your given a bit annoying if in "the wrong" pokeball. which would make breeding a bit more annoying. they would have to let you switch (and probably loose the old pokeball to avoid masterball abuse) so you can get the pokeball effect ya want going.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#4TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 7:38:15 AM
paipr posted...
this would be interesting, make event pokemon or any pokemon your given a bit annoying if in "the wrong" pokeball. which would make breeding a bit more annoying. they would have to let you switch (and probably loose the old pokeball to avoid masterball abuse) so you can get the pokeball effect ya want going.

As I said, it is possible to switch pokéballs. :x
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#5Missingno_MastrPosted 6/29/2013 7:42:59 AM
This is actually a pretty interesting idea. I like the idea of different effects based on the Poké Ball.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#6EmeraldRangePosted 6/29/2013 7:55:55 AM
Brilliant idea. I do think that the Pokeball is a bit too much, though. What about the ones you left out like Heavy Ball? It'd be strange if it did the effect of Roost or doubled your weight for one turn.

I don't like the pokeball switching as it may be abused. For event legendaries, maybe you could find the guy in the Pokemon Center and he asks if you are ready and you go into battle. You get to capture it with any ball. (no chance of failure here and only here)
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#7koopabros64Posted 6/29/2013 8:20:42 AM
It's an interesting idea. It could add another layer of depth to game. However, I don't think normal pokeballs should have an effect. Would some NPC trainers make use of this too?
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#8Zadios765Posted 6/29/2013 8:26:38 AM
Flash ball and love ball are to op imo
---
Be excellent to each other...Party on Dudes-wise words of Bill and Ted
#9gladwyn101Posted 6/29/2013 8:32:10 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

Why can't everyone on the internet be this courteous.

Anyway, I kinda like the concept. Not dissimilar to the lightsaber crystals in the Force Unleashed.
Of course, we should be able to switch Pokeballs for the concept to work, and we should be able to switch Pokeballs this gen PERIOD or at least paint them as desired. I prefer to have the Pokeball's color match the Pokemon inside.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#10koopabros64Posted 6/29/2013 8:57:35 AM
gladwyn101 posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

Why can't everyone on the internet be this courteous.

Anyway, I kinda like the concept. Not dissimilar to the lightsaber crystals in the Force Unleashed.
Of course, we should be able to switch Pokeballs for the concept to work, and we should be able to switch Pokeballs this gen PERIOD or at least paint them as desired. I prefer to have the Pokeball's color match the Pokemon inside.

Well he did say we'd be able to switch them.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.