This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about a standby mechanic with pokeballs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How about a standby mechanic with pokeballs?
3 years ago#11
koopabros64 posted...
It's an interesting idea. It could add another layer of depth to game. However, I don't think normal pokeballs should have an effect. Would some NPC trainers make use of this too?

I thought this too. It is good for the Pokéball to be neutral, so people could do traditional battles. NPCs should use it, yes, a universal effect, and gym trainers, mainly. Now, a option in the start of the game to enable or disable this mechanic could solve the problems for those who don't want to use it.
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
3 years ago#12
Sounds a little unfair in the context of competitive battles, but of course everyone would have access to the function, so maybe not. Either way, it's a cool idea.
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
3 years ago#13
Seems to have some potential to be abusable, but I absolutely love the idea.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
3 years ago#14
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Seems to have some potential to be abusable, but I absolutely love the idea.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Well, since switching in and out gives the opponent free turns, I think nobody could be abusing active effects, but I just gave some examples, they could always be made to match competitive matching, with proper drawbacks, and more balanced effects : )
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
3 years ago#15
I posted a similar idea in the past. Here are some of my effects:

-Premiere Ball: The Pokemon has increased accuracy on all of its moves on the first turn it is sent out in battle. Only works once per battle.
-Heal Ball: Increases the Pokemon's healing capabilities by 25%, but reduces Attack and Sp.Atk.
-Repeat Ball: Cosecutive use of a move increases its power by 5 with each use, but doubles its PP usage with each use as well.
-Luxury Ball: The Pokemon heals 1 HP each turn it spends off the field, and in its ball. Does not work if suffering from a status condition.
-Net Ball: The Pokemon cannot be forced out on the turn it switches in. This includes its own moves that would force it out, such as U-turn and Baton Pass.

-Heavy Ball: The Pokemon's weight is doubled.
-Lure Ball: The Pokemon has the "Follow Me" effect when it is sent out with full HP.
-Love Ball: All opposite gender pokemon become infatuated for one turn when this Pokemon is sent out with full HP.
-Moon Ball: The Pokemon is cured of Sleep upon switching out, but gains the Nightmare effect while asleep on the field.
-Level Ball: The Pokemon evades the first attack targeting it if its opponent is at least 20 levels higher.

-Poke, Great, Ultra Balls: No effect.
-Master Ball: During battle only, the Pokemon's IV's are all treated as 31.
-Cherish Ball: The Pokemon in this ball is revived with 1HP when KO'd by a direct attack. (exclusive to event Pokemon, as the Cherish Ball is otherwise unobtainable).
3 years ago#16
I think it would make nearly useless Pokeballs actually have meaning and use.
3DS friend Code: 0516-7267-8112; PM me if added
I choose you! Miltank!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How about a standby mechanic with pokeballs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived