This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about a standby mechanic with pokeballs?

#11TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 9:47:45 AM
koopabros64 posted...
It's an interesting idea. It could add another layer of depth to game. However, I don't think normal pokeballs should have an effect. Would some NPC trainers make use of this too?

I thought this too. It is good for the Pokéball to be neutral, so people could do traditional battles. NPCs should use it, yes, a universal effect, and gym trainers, mainly. Now, a option in the start of the game to enable or disable this mechanic could solve the problems for those who don't want to use it.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#12ZTIger5Posted 6/29/2013 9:52:11 AM
Sounds a little unfair in the context of competitive battles, but of course everyone would have access to the function, so maybe not. Either way, it's a cool idea.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#13MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/29/2013 10:54:42 AM
Seems to have some potential to be abusable, but I absolutely love the idea.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#14TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 11:09:50 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Seems to have some potential to be abusable, but I absolutely love the idea.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Well, since switching in and out gives the opponent free turns, I think nobody could be abusing active effects, but I just gave some examples, they could always be made to match competitive matching, with proper drawbacks, and more balanced effects : )
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#15Lucidious89Posted 6/29/2013 11:16:38 AM
I posted a similar idea in the past. Here are some of my effects:

-Premiere Ball: The Pokemon has increased accuracy on all of its moves on the first turn it is sent out in battle. Only works once per battle.
-Heal Ball: Increases the Pokemon's healing capabilities by 25%, but reduces Attack and Sp.Atk.
-Repeat Ball: Cosecutive use of a move increases its power by 5 with each use, but doubles its PP usage with each use as well.
-Luxury Ball: The Pokemon heals 1 HP each turn it spends off the field, and in its ball. Does not work if suffering from a status condition.
-Net Ball: The Pokemon cannot be forced out on the turn it switches in. This includes its own moves that would force it out, such as U-turn and Baton Pass.

-Heavy Ball: The Pokemon's weight is doubled.
-Lure Ball: The Pokemon has the "Follow Me" effect when it is sent out with full HP.
-Love Ball: All opposite gender pokemon become infatuated for one turn when this Pokemon is sent out with full HP.
-Moon Ball: The Pokemon is cured of Sleep upon switching out, but gains the Nightmare effect while asleep on the field.
-Level Ball: The Pokemon evades the first attack targeting it if its opponent is at least 20 levels higher.

-Poke, Great, Ultra Balls: No effect.
-Master Ball: During battle only, the Pokemon's IV's are all treated as 31.
-Cherish Ball: The Pokemon in this ball is revived with 1HP when KO'd by a direct attack. (exclusive to event Pokemon, as the Cherish Ball is otherwise unobtainable).
#16Moocow123450Posted 6/29/2013 11:41:32 AM
I think it would make nearly useless Pokeballs actually have meaning and use.
---
3DS friend Code: 0516-7267-8112; PM me if added
I choose you! Miltank!