This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon World: Psychic Humans

#1Hierarchy225Posted 6/29/2013 1:14:15 PM
Something that I've always wondered about. The game focuses on only pokemon(naturally), but never seem to pay much attention to the humans with psychic powers. Like Sabrina, and the Psychic trainers.

They could be the next step in human evolution, but no one in the Poke World seems to care unless it has to do with Pokemon.
---
The Official Volcarona of the Pokemon X Board
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2409-6490-7184
#2NessEggmanPosted 6/29/2013 1:19:00 PM
Humans were once Pokemon... psychic abilities are probably just remnants of that.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#3Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:26:10 PM
NessEggman posted...
Humans were once Pokemon...

W-where are you getting this?
---
#4Arne83Posted 6/29/2013 1:28:22 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
NessEggman posted...

I think it was said, or at least hinted at, in that library from the gen 4 games.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#5Reborn_SigmaPosted 6/29/2013 1:28:48 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
NessEggman posted...

He's pulling it out of his ass.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

In the same way humans in our world are a type of animal, are humans in the Pokémon world a form of Pokémon?

Masuda: Humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. The way you think about it is different than how we think about animals in relation to humans on Earth. For example, on Earth we have mammals and reptiles all these different categories. In the world of Pokémon, they are all Pokémon. We don’t really categorize them in exactly that way. It’s kind of a different way of looking at it. So yeah, humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. For example, humans can’t learn four different moves like a Pokémon can.
#6Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:32:36 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
NessEggman posted...

He's pulling it out of his ass.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

In the same way humans in our world are a type of animal, are humans in the Pokémon world a form of Pokémon?

Masuda: Humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. The way you think about it is different than how we think about animals in relation to humans on Earth. For example, on Earth we have mammals and reptiles all these different categories. In the world of Pokémon, they are all Pokémon. We don’t really categorize them in exactly that way. It’s kind of a different way of looking at it. So yeah, humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. For example, humans can’t learn four different moves like a Pokémon can.

Thats what I thought. Thank you.

I know Pokemon are great, but there should seriously be Psychic testing facilities in the Pokemon world. There might be a lot of potential there, like future Psychic Humans almost as Powerful as Mewtwo or something.
---
#7KillerMechanoidPosted 6/29/2013 1:38:20 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
They could be the next step in human evolution, but no one in the Poke World seems to care unless it has to do with Pokemon.

The kid that evolved into Kadabra?
#8Balamb00Posted 6/29/2013 2:52:54 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...

This so much. I love the Pokemon game series but this is one of my few gripes with it. EVERYONE in the world of Pokemon talks, and only talks about POKEMON. This annoys me to no end. Sure the game is about the Pokemon but not everyone can be a fan of Pokemon, can they?

I want 1 NPC that refuses to discuss Pokemon and actually despises them. Doesn't use them or anything. Just never cared for them and doesn't see why the entire world can't stop talking about them.
The closest I've seen to an NPC not mentioning Pokemon is the hiker in B/W that tells you about the woman in the camper. He even has some insightful words to say that is uncommon for Pokemon.
#9ISECreamPosted 6/29/2013 3:01:20 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

That was really weird when I read it in the FR/LF Pokedex entry.
#10MaetchPosted 6/29/2013 3:14:45 PM(edited)
Balamb00 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

This so much. I love the Pokemon game series but this is one of my few gripes with it. EVERYONE in the world of Pokemon talks, and only talks about POKEMON. This annoys me to no end. Sure the game is about the Pokemon but not everyone can be a fan of Pokemon, can they?

I want 1 NPC that refuses to discuss Pokemon and actually despises them. Doesn't use them or anything. Just never cared for them and doesn't see why the entire world can't stop talking about them.
The closest I've seen to an NPC not mentioning Pokemon is the hiker in B/W that tells you about the woman in the camper. He even has some insightful words to say that is uncommon for Pokemon.

I know, right? Literally EVERYTHING in the world revolves around Pokémon: business, recreation, science, philosophy, art, homelife, etc. You're not even allowed to leave your hometown unless you have at least one Pokémon. The way the Pokémon-obsessed society acts, you might as well be a leper if you don't have any interest in those little critters.

My money says that if all the Pokémon just completely vanished, the humans would all die out within a year simply because they won't know how to do anything on their own.

KillerMechanoid posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

The Pokédex says a lot of weird stuff that reads like local myths and urban legends.