This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon World: Psychic Humans

#11Rat_a_tatPosted 6/29/2013 4:15:03 PM
It's not just psychics, but all technology is catered entirely towards Pokemon, too. People can convert pokemon into data and energy, cure any ailment with beams of light or spray bottles, alter their genetics, and give them new abilities with TMs, but never once considered using any of these to help people, who, as far as I can tell, are given more or less the same advantages as us.
#12MaetchPosted 6/30/2013 4:27:42 PM
Rat_a_tat posted...
It's not just psychics, but all technology is catered entirely towards Pokemon, too. People can convert pokemon into data and energy, cure any ailment with beams of light or spray bottles, alter their genetics, and give them new abilities with TMs, but never once considered using any of these to help people, who, as far as I can tell, are given more or less the same advantages as us.

Except society doesn't care about how it can benefit humans, only the Pokémon that they train.
#13javel34Posted 6/30/2013 4:41:10 PM
Doesn't Ash have psychic powers or something? I think it was called something different, I remember reading it on Bulbapedia.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#14JackSolomonPosted 6/30/2013 4:47:27 PM
javel34 posted...
Doesn't Ash have psychic powers or something? I think it was called something different, I remember reading it on Bulbapedia.

He has 'Aura', a special ability that Lucario channel to use Aura Sphere. Some legendary hero was also a user of Aura, and could perform all kinds of stuff, though it was mainly still Aura Sphere. Ash being Ash, he chose to ignore his newly discovered superpowers in favor of continuing to train Pokemon.
#15wind64aPosted 6/30/2013 4:52:48 PM
Balamb00 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

They could be the next step in human evolution, but no one in the Poke World seems to care unless it has to do with Pokemon.

This so much. I love the Pokemon game series but this is one of my few gripes with it. EVERYONE in the world of Pokemon talks, and only talks about POKEMON. This annoys me to no end. Sure the game is about the Pokemon but not everyone can be a fan of Pokemon, can they?

I want 1 NPC that refuses to discuss Pokemon and actually despises them. Doesn't use them or anything. Just never cared for them and doesn't see why the entire world can't stop talking about them.
The closest I've seen to an NPC not mentioning Pokemon is the hiker in B/W that tells you about the woman in the camper. He even has some insightful words to say that is uncommon for Pokemon.

Oddly enough there's an NPC in the Hoenn Battle Frontier who doesn't know what Pokémon even are.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#16wind64aPosted 6/30/2013 4:54:28 PM
JackSolomon posted...
javel34 posted...

He has 'Aura', a special ability that Lucario channel to use Aura Sphere. Some legendary hero was also a user of Aura, and could perform all kinds of stuff, though it was mainly still Aura Sphere. Ash being Ash, he chose to ignore his newly discovered superpowers in favor of continuing to train Pokemon.

Ash, Sir Aaron and Riley are all capable of harnessing the power of Aura. Out of the three Ash is the only one to do nothing to train towards his potential with it.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#17MaetchPosted 6/30/2013 5:03:13 PM
JackSolomon posted...
javel34 posted...

Aura is essentially a Pokémon version of the Force, and it's been referenced very rarely since its official introduction in Gen4, likely so as not to take attention away from the Pokémon themselves.
#18DeitylightPosted 6/30/2013 5:23:38 PM
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
NessEggman posted...
Humans were once Pokemon...

W-where are you getting this?

He's pulling it out of his ass.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

In the same way humans in our world are a type of animal, are humans in the Pokémon world a form of Pokémon?

Masuda: Humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. The way you think about it is different than how we think about animals in relation to humans on Earth. For example, on Earth we have mammals and reptiles all these different categories. In the world of Pokémon, they are all Pokémon. We don’t really categorize them in exactly that way. It’s kind of a different way of looking at it. So yeah, humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. For example, humans can’t learn four different moves like a Pokémon can.

Musuda's statement contradicts the Sinnoh myths.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_myths