This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this game that has made people return to the series?

#1AsikokamiPosted 6/29/2013 7:30:14 PM
I haven't had the most involved history with Pokemon games. I owned a few cards as a kid in the 90s but never owned a Gameboy until my teenage years. Being 19, the only games I completed (with help from my emulator) is Emerald (perhaps twice). Other games I've played but not completed are the trading card videogame, Sapphire and then Pearl.

However, I never finished Pearl as I soon traded it in, frustrated that the game of course was more of the same (which is to be expected). I recently bought a 3DS because I want to buy Pokemon X on October because it is the most innovated game in years. Though, when I bought my 3DS I picked up Black 2 which isn't bad.

X is going to be the first game since Emerald where I'm going to forget to eat.
#2-hotdogturtle--Posted 6/29/2013 7:36:41 PM
I'm just curious, and I'm asking this in a purely non-trolling sense. From an "outsider" point of view, someone who hasn't played Pokemon in years, what makes you consider this the "most innovative" game? I'm legitimately wondering.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#3Asikokami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 7:59:15 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
I'm just curious, and I'm asking this in a purely non-trolling sense. From an "outsider" point of view, someone who hasn't played Pokemon in years, what makes you consider this the "most innovative" game? I'm legitimately wondering.

Sky battles, horde encounters (up to 5 wild Pokemon at once), full 3-d world, 3-d pokemon models (deserves its own point), 8-directional movement, interacting with your pokemon through the touch screen, customising your trainer, being able to battle trainers through the internet (I'm not sure if this is in Black 2 since I can't do it). That's just from the top of my head.